PDA

View Full Version : An y Jet dust collector deals?

Joe McMahon
04-27-2012, 5:56 PM
I am looking for a dust collector for my basement shop to hook up to my lathe and bandsaw. I was thinking 2hp with a pleated can filter on top and a plastic bag on the bottom for easy emptying.

I looked at a Jet DC-1200VX-CK1 on line and it seems to be what I need. The price $750 was a bit of a shock.

Any deals anywhere on these? Any ideas on something else????

Bill White
04-28-2012, 9:35 AM
Nothin' on Jet, but HF has a deal ($149.00) on their DC. Add the cost of a felted top bag and some 4" hose. You're bucks ahead with a pretty good DC. Mine has done a great job. I'd buy it again.
Bill

glenn bradley
04-28-2012, 10:40 AM
It seems every "maker" has a few items that they are particularly proud of (read; priced inappropriately for their competition) A similar spec'd DC from Grizzly (G0548Z) is about $450, whereas a lower powered Powermatic version runs $850. The Jet includes their improved separator (Vortex) which would serve you well. Whether it is worth $300, you would have to decide. Being in an enclosed space, filtering would be a prime consideration and the Jet's 2 micron is pretty loose for return air into a captured space. I would decide on the CFM and filter spec's you are comfortable with and then compare badges and paint.

Chris Damm
04-29-2012, 8:36 AM
I would look for a used one. Lots of people upgrade or lose interest and sell their old equipment. I bought a Jet DC1900 twin 1 micron bagged unit for $300 a couple of years ago.