PDA

View Full Version : Coraldraw in orthographic mode

John Johnson 2
04-26-2012, 2:35 AM
Is there a way to switch Coreldraw into and out of drawing in orthographic mode?

Mike Null
04-26-2012, 8:24 AM
I'm not aware of that feature being in Corel. You can certainly make the drawings but I don't believe they are automated nor switchable.

John Johnson 2
04-26-2012, 8:58 AM
What I mean is this: I want to force a polyline to run perfectly horizonal or vertical. Click start point, set ortho on, click horizontal or vertical end point.

Scott Shepherd
04-26-2012, 9:36 AM
What I mean is this: I want to force a polyline to run perfectly horizonal or vertical. Click start point, set ortho on, click horizontal or vertical end point.

Hold the shift key down before you click the second point.

John Johnson 2
04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks Scott, that's exactly what I need

Richard Rumancik
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Steve, by chance, did you mean hold down the Control key? That works for me - although Mac users may prefer the shift . . .

John, when I hold control it will snap to "ortho" but also to intermediate angles that have been set.
For Corel X4 and 11 look at tools ->options ->Edit ->workspace -> contrain angle to set the increments you want. ( eg 0, 45, 90)

For X4 also see view ->setup ->dynamic guides setup and set your angles. (you can set anything you want here.) Make sure DYNAMIC GUIDES ON is checked.