PDA

View Full Version : Seventh New England Woodturning Symposium

Chris Studley
04-25-2012, 1:36 PM
I just wanted to know who here may be attanding this next weekend.

Seventh New England Woodturning Symposium
Pinkerton Academy, Derry NH
http://www.gnhw.org/
http://www.gnhw.org/docs/symposium/2012-flyer.pdf

I wouldn't expect to see too many of you as this is not a huge national thing, but I fugure there has got to be some local (or semi local) folks attending.

It is my wedding anniversary that day and will still be attending... So hope to see some folks there.

I started a similar thread about a montjh ago and it was moved to an "Off Topic" forum. I felt it was exactly ON-topic so I'm not sure why.

I hope that this thread doesn't meet a similar fate.

charlie knighton
04-25-2012, 3:09 PM
4 rotations, 25 demonstrators, $65

thats a deal

Chris Studley
04-25-2012, 3:38 PM
I'd agree... the only problem is that since some are at the same time, I need to prioritize. There are at least two that I'd like to see for each rotation

For example I'd love to see the Hat turning technique, w/ Joahannes Michelson, but I'm unlikely to actually make one of these myself. So one of the others is probably a better use of my time.

Eric Holmquist
04-25-2012, 6:22 PM
I'll be there, have not studied the rotations yet

charlie knighton
04-25-2012, 7:50 PM
I need to prioritize. room and board and travel just a little too much for me, yall enjoy

Malcolm Tibbetts
04-25-2012, 8:00 PM
Chris, I'll be there, all the way from California, doing a late afternoon demo. It worked out because of my schedule of doing several other club events in the area. Should be a fun event.

Keith Outten
04-25-2012, 8:46 PM
Chris,

Please read thew following excerpt from our Announcements Thread.

Making Announcements in Forums and Our Calendar
Please refrain from making time sensitive announcements in our woodworking forums. Meetings, events and other types of announcements don't belong in woodworking forums, they belong in our calendar. People searching our archives for woodworking information do not need to find hundreds of old posts concerning expired sales items, shows, events and other time sensitive information.

We also allow these types of announcements in our Off Topic Forum. This forum receives monthly maintenance to remove old threads.

Chris Studley
04-25-2012, 8:47 PM
Chris, I'll be there, all the way from California, doing a late afternoon demo. It worked out because of my schedule of doing several other club events in the area. Should be a fun event.

Yea, Malcolm... I saw that. Very cool. Looking forward to it.

Looks like the thread got put into "off topic" again... What am I missing?

Jim Silva
04-25-2012, 8:53 PM
I'll be there. Heading up with a few friends. I really need to look at the rotation schedule I guess lol

Jim

Roland Martin
04-26-2012, 9:51 AM
I'll be there, and can't wait. Glad to see some of the Creekers will be there, be looking for you guys.

Chris Studley
04-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Chris,

Please read thew following excerpt from our Announcements Thread.

Making Announcements in Forums and Our Calendar
Please refrain from making time sensitive announcements in our woodworking forums. Meetings, events and other types of announcements don't belong in woodworking forums, they belong in our calendar. People searching our archives for woodworking information do not need to find hundreds of old posts concerning expired sales items, shows, events and other time sensitive information.

We also allow these types of announcements in our Off Topic Forum. This forum receives monthly maintenance to remove old threads.

Thanks Keith,

All of that makes sense. I wish there was a way to have It both ways. I understand that having the seperation is better from an achive and search standpoint. That said, the Turner's forum is the relevant place to ask the question as that is where to find the intended audiance. At least it still lists in the turners forum until it gets pushed off to the next page.

Alan Zenreich
04-26-2012, 2:49 PM
Lauren and I will be driving up from New Jersey to attend the event.