PDA

View Full Version : Well - I did it...

Jason Hanko
04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
I pulled the trigger and ordered the 8'' Shelix Cutterhead for my G0490 jointer.

Ive been saving up the credit card reward points for quite a while, and I've got a 10% off Grizzly coupon that expires next week - so when all is said and done I paid about $84 out of pocket.
Thats about the same as two sets of new blades...or 5 sharpenings..... so yeah, thats how Im going to justify it. :D:D:D

Thanks to all for the pre-purchase reviews/advice. Im sure Ill be referring to The Creek often during the install, too.

trevor adair
04-22-2012, 11:17 PM
I have been meaning to do this for months... every time the budget allows I end up drinking more green kool-aid..
Congrats on the new purchase,, I have the same jointer so I would love it if you can post your experience with the install and first uses..

David Nelson1
04-23-2012, 3:51 AM
It's pretty easy all you need is a few extra common tool (9/16 wrench) and about an hour. Instructions are actually pretty good if you don't run into a snafu. When I replaced my cutter one of the bearings was damaged on the new head as well as the pillar cap. Grizzly took care of it right away. Here are my comments (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?183707-Grizzly-H7654-8-quot-Spiral-Cutterhead&highlight=).

You wont regret it. I was surprised to find out it takes a bit more muscle to push wood past the head, not much more but it was noticeable. I have run quite a bit of wood on mine since the change over, enough that the straight blades would be getting dull, this puppy is still cutting great!

Just my 2 cents!