PDA

View Full Version : Southern Living, April 2005 article

Ernie Hobbs
03-29-2005, 4:17 PM
Has anyone seen the April issue of Southern Living? If you have it, look on page 38 titled "Learning Getaway". I was surprised when my Dad told me they were doing an article on his furniture making classes.

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-29-2005, 5:22 PM
Ernie
Katy gave it to me after she got done skimming the magazine. Said that I had to "check it out."
Very nice and interesting article.
Congratulations to your "dad".
Daniel

Randy Moore
03-29-2005, 5:55 PM
Has anyone seen the April issue of Southern Living? If you have it, look on page 38 titled "Learning Getaway". I was surprised when my Dad told me they were doing an article on his furniture making classes.

GLOAT GLOAT:D
To me that is worthy of a GLOAT. Not everyone gets to be in a national publication, heck I don't know anyone who has done what your Dad has done. Ernie give your Dad a get big attboy for me!

Randy

Keith Christopher
03-29-2005, 8:50 PM
not a gloat without a pic :) seriously though awesome !

Ernie Hobbs
03-29-2005, 9:23 PM
if I gloat, Dad might get a big head!:eek: :eek: Besides, I think I remember some lesson from him when I was little about the perils of gloating. :)

Seriously, it is pretty cool. I'm kind of wish I had paid a little more attention when I was growing up.

Referring to the article, the other thread I posted about the chest on chest- I made the lower chest in the chest of drawers class in January. I am going to try to take a class every year, until I've made all the pieces.

Carl Eyman
03-29-2005, 9:29 PM
Great article. Your parents seem to have found the key to a great "retirement".

Ernie Hobbs
03-29-2005, 10:01 PM
He's not retired. He is only 57! I don't think he's every going to retire, though. He seems to get busier every year.

Hey, anyone making the drive to the SMC swap meet in VA Beach might want to drop by- he's only about an hour away across the NC border. Maybe I can talk him into giving some free lessons:D

Jeff Sudmeier
03-30-2005, 7:57 AM
Ernie, congrats to your dad! That is way cool!

Mike Wilkins
03-31-2005, 9:18 AM
Congrats on your Dad's publicity. I have heard of his school, and thought of
attending one of these days. I live outside of Greenville NC which is about an
hour drive from here. I really could use some help with hand cut dovetails.

Ernie Hobbs
03-31-2005, 9:52 AM
Mike:

I'm sure he'd love to have you.

I just moved to AL from Goldsboro. I miss the area. How are things out there in Eastern NC?