PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long time....

Mike Golka
04-22-2012, 1:12 PM
Well it's been far too long since I've posted anything here, work is truly the curse of the turning man. I finally got some time in the shop after months of only being able to spend brief moments in it. I'm sure my lathe thought I divorced it! Here are a couple things I managed, a mountain ash hollow form which was gifted to some old friends and a Manitoba maple vase that still needs more coats of finish. The ash has a segmented collar of bloodwood, maple, and alowood. Sorry about the picture quality but it was a rush job. The ash HF is 5 1/2" tall by 4" the vase is 7" x 4". C&C welcome.

Steve Schlumpf
04-22-2012, 8:06 PM
Mike - glad to see you posting again! I really like the segmented collar in the vase! The colors jump right out at you! Pretty cool!

Roger Chandler
04-22-2012, 8:57 PM
A couple of pretty nice forms Mike! Like the segmented collar and the figure in that maple...........welcome back!

Bernie Weishapl
04-22-2012, 9:33 PM
Mike nice to see ya posting again. I have to agree the segmented collar is striking. Really stands out nicely.

Mike Golka
04-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, but I'll be heading back to work away from home again Monday. With only every other weekend home it doesn't leave much time for the shop, family and the honey do list take precedence. Hopefully I'll be able check in here from time to time.

John Keeton
04-23-2012, 6:41 AM
Mike, glad you had some shop time, and I hope the work load eases up for you. Looks like being away certainly did not adversely affect your turning skills! Great job!