PDA

View Full Version : 16" of Gloat

Glen Blanchard
04-21-2012, 6:01 PM
This was delivered today as a result of a Craig's List score. A little less than 60 minutes of vacuuming, air blasting, and general cleaning and it almost looks new. The seller delivered it for $2150. I had previously gotten a quote of $300 from a piano mover for moving it from the seller's place to mine, so I figure I paid $1850 for the saw + $300 for the delivery. Not a steal by any means, but a fair deal for both parties I think. My electrician comes on Monday to upgrade my 20 amp circuit to 30 amps at which time I can cut my first kerf with it. :D

mreza Salav
04-21-2012, 6:08 PM
Congrat's! That's a nice saw and I think you got a fair deal.
I'm looking for an opportunity to buy one (or maybe MM20).

Bill Huber
04-21-2012, 6:32 PM
That is one really nice looking machine and as you say it looks like new.

I think they sell new for around $2800 to $3000 don't they.

I almost forgot.... YOU SUCK

Bruce Page
04-21-2012, 6:39 PM
Congratulations Glen, I think you are going to like it. I think you paid a fair price. I paid $1,895 + shipping for mine in June of '04.

It will be interesting to get your impressions of the MM mobility kit. Check out this thread if you find that you don’t like it. I've gone Mobile! (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?10507-I-ve-gone-Mobile%21&highlight=)

Van Huskey
04-21-2012, 7:21 PM
It is every bit as clean as it looked in the initial pictures!! Congrats!

You look like you have a very nice flat concrete floor, if that is the case you will probably like the mobility kit fine.

I think you did fine when you add in moving the saw, I would not have wanted to deal with it having to be moved down stairs!

Jim Matthews
04-21-2012, 8:14 PM
Well, that worked out well.

I think this is a good price, all said and done.
If you find the saw difficult to set up without drift - consider a new blade.

I bought my saw with four "sharp" blades that all induced problems.
A new blade made the saw perform as I had hoped.

You sir, are the Dyson of gloaters - you never quit, and you suck.

Glen Blanchard
04-21-2012, 8:39 PM
You look like you have a very nice flat concrete floor, if that is the case you will probably like the mobility kit fine.

I don't have much of a need to move my stationary stuff around as my shop is dedicated. However, the mobility kit is nice to have anyway.

Actually, that's not concrete (although it does indeed appear that way in the photo). I put down a subfloor over sleepers so I could run all my electrical under the floor. On top of the subfloor I placed laminate flooring. Here's a photo of the edge of the floor taken looking from outside into the garage. The shop has a 12' ceiling, but one of the DC runs had to run under the garage door. You can see it in the photo.

Van Huskey
04-21-2012, 8:47 PM
I don't have much of a need to move my stationary stuff around as my shop is dedicated. However, the mobility kit is nice to have anyway.

Actually, that's not concrete (although it does indeed appear that way in the photo). I put down a subfloor over sleepers so I could run all my electrical under the floor. On top of the subfloor I placed laminate flooring. Here's a photo of the edge of the floor taken looking from outside into the garage. The shop has a 12' ceiling, but one of the DC runs had to run under the garage door. You can see it in the photo.

Very nice Glen! With a flat floor and especially if you don't move it often the mobility kit will probably be fine. The garage I have my MM20 basically stored in until I get my shop built has one high spot that causes it to catch but easily avoidable, I am going to have my shop floor machine finished co the concrete will be nice and flat.