PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Driver Problem - Page Size Being Rounded Up

Mike DeRegnaucourt
04-21-2012, 3:28 PM
Hello,

I am running CorelDraw X5 on Windows 7 (64-bit). I have a large template that I created quite awhile ago (prior to Windows 7 and installing the new Epilog Driver). The dimensions of the template are 24.125" Horizontal X 23.937" Vertical. The problem I am now having under this new driver is that when I try entering the actual dimensions of my template, the darn Epilog driver rounds them up to 24.13 and 23.94 respectively. Normally this should not make too huge of a difference but this template is very detailed for holding a large number of parts to engrave. This rounding up of the page size slightly shifts the engraving locations.

Does anybody know how to get the Epilog Driver to keep the exact dimensions entered and NOT round them up?

This has been so frustrating!

Tim Bateson
04-21-2012, 5:09 PM
Hey Mike! I've been using that driver since it was released, and have found no solution to this rounding issue. I didn't think to test this when I had 8.08 and X6.

Glen Monaghan
04-21-2012, 5:14 PM
As a guess, the print driver is only programmed to allow 2 decimal digits and so is rounding your 3 decimal digits to the closest 2 digits (up in both cases). Can you enlarge your template to 24.13 x 23.94 and position your design in the top left corner (assuming that's how your substrate is placed on the bed) with a bit of blank space on the right side and bottom?

-Glen

Mike DeRegnaucourt
04-21-2012, 8:09 PM
I do place the template substrate in the upper left corner of the laser bed. I had already tried the suggestion you provided Glen and it still seems off. It is very strange...the more I look into this the more it seems that things are actually off more than the amount that the rounding issue would cause. So far this seems to be the only template I am having an issue with but then again I have not checked each and every template I have. I am almost to the point of recreating the darn template just so I can move forward and finish this job up. I never had this problem until installing the latest driver (that works with X5).