PDA

View Full Version : Large Platter hanger

Larry Pickering
04-21-2012, 11:10 AM
A local restaurant displays art work, from local artist, has agreed to let me display some of my fish themed platters. my question is, how do you hang a 19 inch platter?

Steve Busey
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Search on froogle.com for "plate hangers for walls". Your local Sears or borg store may have something in stock, too.

John Keeton
04-21-2012, 12:38 PM
A local restaurant displays art work, from local artist, has agreed to let me display some of my fish themed platters. my question is, how do you hang a 19 inch platter?CAREFULLY!!!:eek:

Larry, before I searched for hangers, I would check with the restaurant to see what they will permit you to do. Will they allow you to use nails, do they have a molding around the ceiling that could be used, etc.?

Gary Max
04-21-2012, 1:11 PM
Stand them on a shelf would be the safest-------you can cut a slot in the shelf and set the platter in the slot. It won't go anywhere.

Doug Wolf
04-22-2012, 7:00 PM
Hi Larry,

I hang my 18" maple platters with plate hangers from Hobby Lobby. They come in different sizes, just make sure you get the large size and you might have to bend/adjust the ends to conform to the edge of your platters. They have springs to fit a range of different size plates.