PDA

View Full Version : SMC Archive DVDs - a treasure trove!!

John Keeton
04-21-2012, 8:21 AM
I just received my copies of all three volumes of the SMC Archive DVDs (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?184387-SawMill-Creek-File-Attachment-Archives-Volume-3-For-Sale) - talk about a treasure trove of images!!!! Wow!!:)

They are categorized by year, forum, and then by poster, so viewing all the images posted by Wally Dickerman, Steve Schlumpf, David D, and so many of the other current day artists on the creek is as easy as scrolling down to the list with name.

There are also a lot of images from turners that have come and gone from SMC (including turners that are deceased) that some of the newer folks here may have not seen - progress pics from Grumbine, the work of Carol Valentine, just for example. And, I bet you didn't know how much stuff Curt Fuller posted in 2006!!! This stuff is GOOD, and it sure saves a lot of time compared to searching old threads.

And, Volume 1 is like a history lesson for me as it covers the years prior to my joining SMC. Kind of nostalgic when I view some of the earlier Neander images, as well - reminiscent of the old flat work days!:)

If you are like me, and enjoy pics more than words (just call me simple minded!), these really would be interesting for you.

I should add - NO, I am not getting a commission!!:D Just excited about seeing all the neat images.

Dan Hintz
04-21-2012, 7:12 PM
You know what they say, John... Without pics, it didn't happen! :p

Steve Schlumpf
04-22-2012, 10:43 AM
I've looked through my set a couple of times now and am amazed at the level of talent! Plus - like John mentioned - sure makes it easy to find the works of one person!