PDA

View Full Version : Top hat separator - inlet question

steve siegrist
04-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Greetings! I am in the process of building a top hat (pre)separator. I have taken a Jet DC-1100 for parts, assembled my components and was about to start the build when I realized that despite all my notes and research I do not know if I should have a clockwise or counter clockwise inlet. Since the impeller unit will be mounted above the top hat spinning clockwise (looking down) I was thinking the inlet should be on the left causing spin in the same clockwise direction. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Kevin W Johnson
04-21-2012, 1:58 AM
I'm not sure that it matters. But with that said, that's the way mine is arranged IIRC, and it works awesome.

Edit: Nope, looking down on it, my impeller turns counter-clockwise. The inlet on the separator would have the debris in my separator turning clockwise when looking down on it...

It works excellent though, I get nothing at all hardly in my collection bag.

Kevin W Johnson
04-21-2012, 2:10 AM
Heres my set up. I shortened the collection bag after this picture. I don't like the two 90's, but placement and room dictate the current setup.

Jerome Stanek
04-21-2012, 6:36 AM
Looks like you have an Australian version. Just kidding I don't think it really matters