PDA

View Full Version : Usaclamps.com Review?

Bob Coleman
04-20-2012, 4:47 PM
Has anyone bought from these guys before? Best I can tell the clamps are sold at thebestthings.com, Highland Hardware, and Tools Plus, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm looking to get a supply of bar clamps.

Thanks!

daniel lane
04-20-2012, 5:33 PM
I didn't know the name of the manufacturer, but those are the bar clamps I bought from HLH a few years ago. I love 'em, and used them to great effect doing panel glue-ups for a couple of smaller projects. IIRC, they got a "best overall" from FWW in a review. [Quick pause to research.] Yep, look at FWW on the web for an article called "Bar Clamps Head to Head". Membership required to read it, unfortunately.

Regards,

daniel

Scott T Smith
04-20-2012, 9:36 PM
That's Duboque Clamp works - a truly great company with excellent products. Their handscrews in particular are very good.

Has anyone bought from these guys before? Best I can tell the clamps are sold at thebestthings.com, Highland Hardware, and Tools Plus, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm looking to get a supply of bar clamps.

Thanks!

Mike Heidrick
04-21-2012, 3:59 AM
I also own a dozen or so of these (long ones) and a buddy owns 4 dozen of them in mostly 24" and 36" (auction buy). They are GREAT for attaching face frames in his shop. Tools for Working Wood also sells them. The weight of them is really nice. But for the retail money its hard not to buy Bessey and Jorgys. If you do buy them though these Dubuque ones are MUCH MUCH nicer than the HF clones.

Kent A Bathurst
04-21-2012, 5:54 AM
That's Duboque Clamp works - a truly great company with excellent products. Their handscrews in particular are very good.

Yes, they are. Very good. I fellow I met via a different WW forum lives there, and he was kind enough to stop by there and buy for me a selection of "seconds", although for the life of me, I can't see why any of htem were graded that way. The ones I got are a few different brands, including their own - they stamp for other people's house brands: