PDA

View Full Version : Bois K bouffé

Lionel Mercier
04-20-2012, 3:53 PM
to read phonetically of course (Boa qui a bouffé - Boa who eated- and bois is wood...shame on me...:cool:)

in fact, it is the evolution of the pear (for Jason).
For this one, I apologize for the sub exposure of the picture, but I think it's a matter of monitor
On my wife's laptop, where I'm sending, that's OK.
This is from walnut.
Last year, I received some, because it's still damp, I left it in cellar, but it doesn't behave well.
So, I debits and I try all means to do with
Colored with Ecoline ® ink, then applying gilding wax Lefranc & Bourgeois® and vigorously
brushing ...too vigorous ...
I do not know if this is perceived, but the snake (because it is a snake...yes ;)) has lost his
head ...http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb251.gif
another victim of the terror like many pieces before ...( Pear HF, Clara, Meiping cherry and
others...)
Well, I'll get on a gluers-schemers forum, I think my place is there

Deane Allinson
04-20-2012, 6:36 PM
Great Piece. I look forward to your posts. Always something interesting and non-symmetrical.
Deane

charlie knighton
04-20-2012, 9:52 PM
like your snake, like your Ecoline ® ink, thanks for sharing

Baxter Smith
04-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Like Deane, I always look forward to what you come up with Lionel! I meant to ask you on your last one then forgot, does that little line around the middle mean the top comes of? Or is it just there to make one wonder if it does?

Bernie Weishapl
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Really a classy piece. Always look forward to your posts.

Lionel Mercier
04-21-2012, 2:46 AM
Hi All,
thanks for your kindly comments.
Baxter, it's a box. I join a picture to show

Rick Markham
04-21-2012, 3:50 AM
It's really beautiful Lionel, I like the effect the gilding wax made! The snake head is really well done and fits with the form. The bulge in his belly is whatever you decide to put in the box! :) I also always enjoy seeing your posts and your work.

Mike Cruz
04-21-2012, 9:36 AM
Lionel, I like that the top comes off. But I expected to see another one inside, and another one inside that...;)