PDA

View Full Version : Dance Art also looking for something for earth day

sal shepherd
04-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Good Evening,

I am looking for Dance art, this dancing is the sister to cheerleading. I have X3 book with art but can't find disk. if I give the page and number
could someone email me with art?
page 251 disk 2clipart/sports/dance

X3007471
X3007492
X3007502
northshoreengraving@yahoo.com

I had a customer today wants a wooden medaltions , when do they want them this Friday. They are having some kind of earth day for the city.My idear is to use 1/4 laun with rope border and a hole for ribbon. I will have to pull out Roy Brewers training disks.I have text to put top and bottom,what to put in the middle..engrave N.America ?? or my state with the city pointed out?

Dee Gallo
04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Sal,

What is your State tree? A complex tree silhouette would be nice... easy to make and easy to read on a medallion.

Another idea is to use symbols for earth-wind-water for a more abstract concept. The city must have some kind of logo or mascot or symbol that everyone would recognize, can you use that?

cheers, dee

Mike Null
04-20-2012, 6:37 AM
Sal

Luan is really not good for very much and nobody will ever associate it with quality. I would suggest you buy blank wooden nickels should something like this come up again.

If you want plywood and to cut it yourself I recommend wood from Mike Kowalczyk who is a member here.

sal shepherd
04-21-2012, 1:09 AM
Dee that is a good idear I will probably do the tree and the symbols

Thank You

Mike I agree with you but they want it tomorrow. I hate to put out a inferior product. I will make 1 of each design and see what he thinks.And if he wants me to make them next year to give me more than 2 day notice.
Thanks again

elle laverne
04-24-2012, 10:22 AM
i use 1/4 poplar for medallions and signs...I stain them first then the lettering and design come out clean...comes in 24 in length and i use the thicker pieces if i want to make stamps for pottery makers...and smaller width and depth for 3d borders for making frames. I also like to use oak veneer...
you can make any color stain you need by using artist oil paints and linseed oil...