PDA

View Full Version : Delta Shaper comparsion by model number

Ted Beyer
04-19-2012, 9:56 AM
I am trying to find a good listing of the varisous Delta shapers made of the years to be able to determine what the differences are in each of the model numbers. I am looking at possible purchase of two shapers 43-431 and a 43-379, but an having a heck of time trying to find out what the differnces are. I have ran across this problem in the past looking at various used shapers for sale. So I was wondering if anyone has come across a good comparison listing of all shapers produce by model number.
Short of a good overall spec comparison can anyone provide spec comparison for the two models mentioned?
Thanks Ted

Mike Delyster
04-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Personally I wouldn't be interested in either one, I prefer the older models of HD shapers, models 43-373 and lower numbers.

There is very little difference between the two models you listed from what I can see looking at the parts diagram.

J.R. Rutter
04-19-2012, 11:42 AM
The main difference appears to be 52. Sorry - couldn't help it.

Chris Rosenberger
04-19-2012, 1:19 PM
I believe the difference is that the 43-379 is an older style. It has a smaller spindle cartridge, uses the old style spindles,1/2" & 3/4", & has the old style fence with a 2 1/2" dust port.
The 43-431 is the new stye. It has a larger spindle cartridge, uses newer style spindles, 1/2", 3/4" 1 1/4", & has the new style micro adjust fence that has a 4" dust port.