PDA

View Full Version : Lasers and food - this one I might just try...

Mark Ross
04-18-2012, 6:13 PM
Not sure if this is going to be real stinky or not, and I make my own sushi at home...

jeanniejeannie dot com/2012/04/13/designer-nori-delicate-laser-cut-seaweed-patterns

Chuck Stone
04-18-2012, 6:41 PM
wow... I'm guessing a galvo goes without saying..
It makes a nice presentation, though.

Not sure the aroma would be much different than when you toast
the nori, and I don't mind that at all.

Glen Monaghan
04-18-2012, 9:11 PM
I did some "butterfly shrimp" last year, prototypes shown below. Smells and tastes very burnt at first, but it airs out in a day. A vacuum table might be helpful to keep cut pieces from moving and getting damaged, either mechanical or laser. Pretty delicate and narrow pieces are easily broken. And the cut pieces are quick to soak up moisture and wilt. I initially put wings on several shrimp and arranged them around the rim of that glass, then went to get my camera. By the time I got back and set up to shoot, the wings had already begun to wilt... I told the customer to make sure the shrimp were dry and wait until the last minute to insert the wings. Thought about suggesting to use a little piece of folded wax paper to separate the shrimp and wings but decided not to mention it lest someone pop the whole thing in and then get upset if they found the wax paper in their mouth...

-Glen

Jiten Patel
04-19-2012, 6:12 AM
Now that is incredible. Very impressive! Might have to give it a go on our machine!