PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw gloat

Prashun Patel
04-18-2012, 5:35 PM
Finally got my new G0514x2 bandsaw up and running. I absolutely love it. The only minor complaint I have is that the doors need to be completely open in order to change the blade. However, I made a mobile base in the style of Mike Heffernen (thanks for his and others' help) that really is great and easy and works wonderfully.

Thanks, too, to Van Huskey for all your advice and the coupon. You were right about the foot brake. It'd be a pain to be without something like this.

Van Huskey
04-18-2012, 5:43 PM
Glad you got her in and you are happy with her. She is a beaut! As I said I am happy the coupon got used for a bandsaw!

Bill White
04-18-2012, 5:49 PM
Mr. Patel,
YOU SUCK!!!!!
May I be the first to say that.
Bill

frank shic
04-18-2012, 6:13 PM
double you suck ;) enjoy!!!

Paul McGaha
04-18-2012, 8:20 PM
Congratulations Prashun,

That's a nice bandsaw, and yes, you suck.

PHM

Steve Bigelow
04-18-2012, 9:21 PM
Yes, nice bandsaw. I have the 17" version now, after having upgrade from a 14" HF bandsaw. Huge, huge difference. Love it. I should have gotten the brake...

What's this talk about a coupon?

Get yourself some Timberwolf blades to go with it. They generally have a buy 3 get one free deal going on. Sometimes even a buy 2 get one free, which is even nicer.

Prashun Patel
04-18-2012, 9:23 PM
Thanks, Steve. I didn't have the best experience with Timberwolf blades on my previous saw. I found a 'no-name' supplier that makes pretty high quality blades for quite a bit less. Everyone has their faves with bsaw blades, IMHO.

Steve Wurster
04-19-2012, 7:58 AM
Looks good, Prashun. Now you can saw that giant log you had under the stairs! I can't say you suck since I got your old saw. Maybe I'll buy this one from you in a few years when you want to upgrade again. ;-)

denis tuomey
04-19-2012, 8:09 AM
Prashun, congrats on your BS, I got the same 514 1 1/2yr. ago, its been a great machine, you'll love it.

Fred Belknap
04-19-2012, 8:12 AM
Nice saw. I'm sure you will enjoy using it. I have the 17" version and I like it. I was cutting some blanks this week and it quit and wouldn't start, seems like I had forgot to open the blast gate and sawdust had built up in the bottom and clogged the foot brake micro switch.(duh)

Michael Heffernan
04-19-2012, 8:53 AM
Prashun,
Congrats on the saw. Love mine. And glad you used my base design. Stable and sturdy as a rock. Let us know how you like the saw after a while. Any tips and tweaks are appreciated.

Jim Rimmer
04-19-2012, 1:24 PM
Congrats, Prashun. And I'm glad to know your old saw went to a good home. It was just too far to get it to Houston.