PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy clamps

Cliff Miller
03-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Where are the lowest prices on good bar clamps? I saw a special on Bessey clamps at Amazon on Friday, but the clamp set is not on the site today. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave Falkenstein
03-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Froogle (by Google) will find the lowest price on just about anything that is sold on the Internet. Froogle also has a catalog search feature that will search images of printed catalogs for items. All you need is the name and model number of whatever you want to buy. The last time I searched for the best price on Bessey clamps, Grizzly had the lowest price on most models. I found the pricing on Bessey clamps typically does not vary by more than a few dollars from one supplier to another, unless you can catch a sale. BTW - don't drop them on the floor - the plastic ends break rather easily, and Bessey does not sell replacement parts. Please don't ask me how I know this!!!

Gary Whitt
03-29-2005, 9:35 AM
Grizzly has good prices on the Bessey Tradesman bar clamps.

I've been buying Besseys from them and Highland Hardware.

Scott Loven
03-29-2005, 9:45 AM
Lee Valley had a good price earlier this year. I got the picture framming set with the corner blocks for $109, they had the larger set for $119 I believe.
Scott

Cliff Miller
03-29-2005, 4:44 PM
Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my question. This is a great board!

Bernie Weishapl
03-29-2005, 4:49 PM
Cliff, I guess I am just cheap. I buy mine off ebay. I got a set of F style bar clamps (4-12", 4-24" & 4-36") for about $40 with shipping. I have about a dozen that I have bought off ebay and all work well. Not the Bessey type but serve my purpose. I am not a professional wood worker so needless to say they are ok for me.

Bernie

Cliff Miller
03-29-2005, 5:02 PM
Thanks Bernie, I too have been told that I am tight with my wallet, so I can relate. I will check ebay again.