PDA

View Full Version : whirlpool refirigerater door handle

Rob Stanhope
04-17-2012, 7:18 PM
looking to see if anyone can help with advice. ...french door,bottom freezer,whirlpool gold fridge, ...loose handle. and for the life of me I cant figure out how to access the screws to tighten it. website offers nothing,and customer support doesn't help.

Van Huskey
04-17-2012, 7:46 PM
Have you tried a exhaustive goggle search? I have never failed to be able to find out how to fix major appliances, it usually pops up on forums or you can often find sites with specifric repair directions, work first from the model number.

Jeffrey Makiel
04-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Repairclinic.com is a nice resource. Often containing exploded view to help understand how thing go together (and come apart).
Jeff :)

Lee Schierer
04-18-2012, 5:15 PM
It appears that they attached the handles before they installed the inner liner on the doors according to the parts illustrations here (http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/modelsearch.aspx?model=GX5FHTXVY). You can look up specific model numbers for better clarity.

Steven Green
04-18-2012, 10:13 PM
We have a Whirlpool and I think that to remove the handles you push up from the bottom..

Rob Stanhope
04-19-2012, 5:14 PM
thanks for the responses.steves was the winner

ray hampton
04-19-2012, 8:57 PM
if the handles have to be push up from the bottom , then do not try to pick it up by the handles