PDA

View Full Version : Jewelery chest

jason walcott
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
This is the chest I built for my wife awile back. It is a combination of hickory and cherry with wenge for the pulls. The top lid opens with to sliding tills inside, and a lower drawer at the bottom. The pins at the corners are cherry for visual affect. I still need to felt the drawers and add dividers.

David Fried
03-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Very nice Jason and looks like it will work well.

The drawer nestled between the legs seems to give it a small chest-on-chest feel. It is one piece isn't it?

I wasn't sure what the "cherry pins in the corners" was referring to. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Also, if you have a shot from above, like the one with the top open and the drawer out but with it all closed up, I would love to see it.

Thanks again!

Dan Forman
03-29-2005, 2:08 AM
Nice job Jason. The finger joints look nice and tight, the woods contrast well for added interest. I bet she likes it!

Dan

Bryan Nuss
03-29-2005, 8:44 AM
Beautiful job, Jason. I can see that there is a lot of careful work in the joinery. Very nice wood selection.

Ken Shoemaker
03-29-2005, 8:45 AM
A project to be proud of. I too like the use of such contrasting woods for efect. Well done.

Jim Becker
03-29-2005, 9:04 AM
Very nice, Jason. That's an attractive case with lots of access to the storage. Great job!

John Piwaron
03-29-2005, 9:08 AM
Sweet. I like the detail of mounting the case to a pedestal, which itself has a drawer.