PDA

View Full Version : New Noise(music) in 'da shop!(Better PICS)

Jeff Sudmeier
03-28-2005, 9:57 PM
It was a good weekend last weekend! I received two tools, one in another thread.

This one is not so much a tool, but it is a much beloved addition to the shop! It is a Bosch Powerbox Radio w/ CD. This is a boombox on steroids. My dad has a Dewalt and it doesn't compare.

The Bosch has many more features. It has 4 GFCI outlets on the side. I see this being very handy on the job site. Having GFCI outlets is a very good safety feature!

It is all digital, I really like the clock! I don't have another clock in the shop and having this one makes it nice and easy to know what time it is. It also has 20 FM presets so that I don't have to jockey the dial each time I want to switch stations.

Finally, it plays MP3 Cd's which is a great asset! I have a ton of MP3's, so being able to play MP3 CD's means that I can play one CD just about the whole day in the shop!

The battery seems to last a long time. I left the radio on, on purpose the morning after I got it and 18 hours later the radio was still playing.

I really like this powerbox, I think it will be liked for years to come. My other hobby is camping, so it should be nice there too!

Corey Hallagan
03-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Ha ha... kewl tewl gloat Jeff. That is a serious radio plus! I have the Milwaukee radio in my shop, not as nice as the Bosch, but as much as I need in the shop ( wife bought it for me) anyway, enjoy the tunes!

Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
03-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks Corey!

Sorry about the picture quality guys, for whatever reason the picture resizer on this computer is terrible. I will get better pictures as soon as I can.

Frank Pellow
03-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Jeff, I have had my eye on this for some time (see the thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=16942) and I am glad to hear your positive report. So far, the reports that I have read are very mixed.

Since I have shot my tool budget for the year (and maybe the decade) I think I will wait awhile longer - perhaps if I hint, I will get it for Christmas.

David Fried
03-28-2005, 11:38 PM
You're just getting spoiled now!
I can just see you trying to plane to AC/DC or something like that :D

Dan Forman
03-29-2005, 2:19 AM
Looks good, rock on!!

Dan

John Miliunas
03-29-2005, 8:22 AM
Heavy duty tunes there Jeff! Bet you won't be walking down the streets of Arena with that thing hefted on your shoulder, listening to the Lake Louis Shuffle anytime soon! :D Congrats.:) :cool:

Kelly C. Hanna
03-29-2005, 8:31 AM
Heavy tunes man....heavy tunes! A man should never go anywhere without his music!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-29-2005, 8:41 AM
I forgot to mention, my buddy also has one of these. We were using it on a single story roof last year and my hose got behind it. I pulled on my hose and off the radio went. It landed on the driveway and bounce as high as the dumpster (about 4 and a half feet). We were playing a cd in it. The CD did skip, but it kept right on playing.

We didn't even go down and get it until lunch time!

Kelly C. Hanna
03-29-2005, 8:45 AM
Wow...I need one of those...does the cd load from a drawer or from a door in the top?

Jeff Sudmeier
03-29-2005, 9:07 AM
Kelly, the CD loads from a drawer, the BOSCH logo is at the top of the front pic, that is the drawer.

I have upladed better pics for John :)

John Miliunas
03-29-2005, 9:09 AM
I have upladed better pics for John :)

Thanks! Much better! (Thought my eyes were worse than they are before!:) ):cool:

Dan Racette
03-29-2005, 9:44 AM
Your wife must really love you man! Mine would ask me how I could make any profit from that???!!! (don't get me wrong, mine is cool, just wouldn't 'approve' of that particular purchase) hmm...unless, I could tell her your bounce off the roof story, that might change her mind....I mean we probably 'need' it for my daughter's birthday, yeah, that's it!

Look forward to hearing its capabilities in the future!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Dan, we both have hobbies, mine just requires more initial investment, her's requires more ongoing investment, so they about equal out :)

I also traded for this radio for a REALLY good deal, but I am not allowed to disclose the details :)

Dan Racette
03-29-2005, 11:00 AM
I am working the same way at my home. Mine requires more intial too. Either way, I saw that radio at a store blasting away, and thought it was the coolest. Enjoy it!