PDA

View Full Version : New pen from my stash.

Donny Lawson
04-15-2012, 9:18 PM
This is a homemade blank I made last week from Poly Resin and a little pearl-x. It's a Chrome and Gunmetal Aero kit. The blank is finished with 8 coats of CA. This should be a good seller for July. C&C Welcome. Thanks for looking.

Bernie Weishapl
04-15-2012, 11:15 PM
That is a beauty Donny. Really nice color.

Jim Burr
04-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Only C. Aero's do real well. Bit small for a non-female, but they are nice! Watch the clip...I've had several break off. Your casting are looking great and the finish is spot on!

Marty Eargle
04-15-2012, 11:56 PM
That will definitely be a nice seller for 4th of July! That Aero kit looks very sleek...great job with it.

Billy Tallant
04-16-2012, 12:10 AM
That is a nice looking pen Donny! Should be a good seller with summer coming on.

John Terefenko
04-16-2012, 7:01 AM
Looks like a very nice casting and well done fit and finish. I am abit curious though, why did you go the extra step of puttting 8 coats of CA on acrylic?? Any acrylic I have ever casted or turned will polish to a high shine. In fact CA is basically just that an acrylic overlay. Just curious.

Jason Ritchie
04-16-2012, 7:07 AM
Great pen! I agree it reminds me of summer and the 4th of July! I am also curious as to why you used CA as a finish. Is it because CA is more scratch resistant? I have noticed that some of my acrylic blanks polished up fine with micro mesh but were very easy to scratch as opposed to my wooden pens that were finished with CA.