PDA

View Full Version : Collaboration piece

Jeff Myroup
04-15-2012, 8:04 PM
Bob Bergstrom and I are collaborating on piece for Turn-On Chicago. Bob turned the shallow bowl. It has a really flat bottom that works well for burning. He gave it to me to burn. I thought it look like a church collection plate. I decided I would put Michelangelo's 'Creation of Adam' on it. Here is the progress so far.

John Keeton
04-15-2012, 8:17 PM
Jeff, Michelangelo would be honored!!! That is going to be a really wonderful piece. You said "so far" - what else is planned?

Jeff Myroup
04-15-2012, 8:29 PM
Thanks John. I still have to put the other half of the image on it. I will say, I am better at Degas than Michelangelo.

David Dockstader
04-15-2012, 8:40 PM
Hey, that beats me. I can only do Mondrian! Beautiful piece.

Jeff Myroup
04-15-2012, 8:43 PM
Thanks David, Mondarian would probably Look good on something turned.

Thom Sturgill
04-15-2012, 9:29 PM
W-A-Y above my skill level, i can only admire. Very nice work. Please re-post when you are done!

Bernie Weishapl
04-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Really nice piece. Love the burning.

Bill Wyko
04-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Now that is truly extraordinary!!! I really think you've got a masterpiece here, well done to both of you.

Marty Eargle
04-16-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm going to ditto what Bill said. Truly masterful work...can't wait to see the finished product.

Rich Greinert
04-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Jeff, very nice! How big is the piece?

John Keeton
04-16-2012, 6:11 AM
Thanks John. I still have to put the other half of the image on it. I will say, I am better at Degas than Michelangelo.Jeff, it appears that will be a close fit - the other half of the image is a bit longer than the portion you have - will you pull it up on the rim? I think it would look neat, but certainly would be a challenge in burning! But, I suspect with your talent, it would be a piece of cake! I do think one could get by with truncating the image within the bowl area.

Jeff Myroup
04-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Jeff, it appears that will be a close fit - the other half of the image is a bit longer than the portion you have - will you pull it up on the rim? I think it would look neat, but certainly would be a challenge in burning! But, I suspect with your talent, it would be a piece of cake! I do think one could get by with truncating the image within the bowl area.

The other half is rather large. I will have to crop the image almost in half. I thought of going over the rim, but the rim is under cut and would be very difficult to do. I also need to decide what I am going to do with the knots in the bowl.

Baxter Smith
04-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Looking great so far and I will be interested in seeing the finished product!

Kathy Marshall
04-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Ditto what Baxter said and really nice job on the burning!

Jeff Myroup
04-17-2012, 8:33 AM
Thank you Kathy and Baxter.