PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying make and model of a drum sander

Steve McCaffery
04-14-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a 24" drum sander, but I don't know the make and model. Any help identifying it would be appreciated. The photos are as good as I can get.

Mike Heidrick
04-14-2012, 2:13 PM
Very Belsaw/Woodmaster-ish looking. Not thinking 24" though due to the size of the flex hose. Just a guess but I think 16" or around there.

Van Huskey
04-14-2012, 2:21 PM
I agree with Mike on both counts. I have seen Woodmasters painted several different colors before the current cream, it is either a Belsaw, a Woodmaster or a copy. I am also don't think it is 24" but I could be wrong as pictures often screw up size references.

Todd Davidson
04-14-2012, 2:33 PM
Craftsman sold a rebadged Woodmaster in that color....

David Kumm
04-14-2012, 3:12 PM
Looks Woodmaster to me. Mine is dark blue. Looks more like the 718 rather than 725 but hard to judge. Dave

Steve McCaffery
04-14-2012, 3:52 PM
You mean it's not even a sander? It's a planer? It does look like a photo of a Woodmaster 718 that I found on the Web. No wonder I couldn't find a matching image under "drum sander." It looks kind of lightweight to be a planer of that size. Thanks for the help.

Phil Thien
04-14-2012, 4:07 PM
You mean it's not even a sander? It's a planer? It does look like a photo of a Woodmaster 718 that I found on the Web. No wonder I couldn't find a matching image under "drum sander." It looks kind of lightweight to be a planer of that size. Thanks for the help.

I thought some of the Woodmaster stuff could be configured as a planer, or a sander? Maybe I'm wrong.

In terms of lightweight, what you're seeing is only the outside steel covers. I believe the units are quite highly regarded for being sturdy workhorses.

Mike Heidrick
04-14-2012, 4:15 PM
I agree. Very deceiving until you see it in person. I would say that dust port would work for a planer as well. If the price is right that is a gem of a machine. Heck I think the 718 can be used as a straight line rip saw and moulder as well.