PDA

View Full Version : The best squares in the world won't help...

Jerome Hanby
04-13-2012, 8:50 PM
...if you don't actually use them. Finally got tired of things not being quite square and spent a couple of hours checking things in the shop. Turns out my table saw fence and my Incra 1000SE were both just a touch off, just enough that the cumulative error was driving me crazy. Well, you know what they say about assumptions, makes an a$$ out of you and umption <g> and my assuming my miter gauge and fence were square was a doozy.

Also determined that my RAS fence was a bit out of square, but since the fence and table are both pretty ragged out and building a Mr Sawdust table and fence is on my short list, I'll just use it to get close and finish off on the table saw.

That new Woodpecker straight edge was nice for checking my setups, thanks again Tom!

Made adjustments to the Table saw fence and Incra 1000SE and am now getting perfectly square cuts!

Of course, I discovered that while a locking rabbet joint may be a good fit for making plywood drawers, you need to be careful knocking them apart after test/dry fitting, the outside of that rabbet is a little fragile if you let the drawer front lever against it hard <g>. The glue back has to be stronger than the original crap adhesive holding these plies together,...I hope.

Van Huskey
04-13-2012, 10:05 PM
"The best squares in the world won't help..."

Truer words...