PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 15 inch planer

Bob Weisner
03-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi:

I was looking at the Sears website today and I see that they have their big 15 inch planer on sale for $874.97 !! It is on a clearance sale reduced from $1,249.99 Does anyone have this planer? Who makes it? At that price, it is much cheaper than other brands of planers the same size. My concern , though , would be the availability of parts if something should break on it.

Thanks,

Bob

Mike Cutler
03-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Bob. It looks alot like a bunch of other Taiwanese imports. Delta, Grizzly, Jet, York,etc. The part # doesn't correspond to any of the manufactures code I could find for sears products.
A planer is a relatively simple machine, there aren't a whole lot of parts to break, so to speak, and an internet search seems to indicate that Delta planer blades are replacement blades for it.
It's a good price. If you could inspect the machine prior to sale you'd have to consider it in my opinion

Jeff Sudmeier
03-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Bob, looks like a good deal to me. I have a 12 inch benchtop that I have had for about 2 years. I have run a lot of BF of lumber through it and it still works great!

Realize you aren't getting a Delta, but you aren't paying the Delta price either.