PDA

View Full Version : This is driving me NUTZ

Bill Wyko
04-12-2012, 9:27 PM
I got my new lathe and haven't been able to turn anything to completion yet. I've got one piece partially roughed out and that's it. I have to finish a humidor for the kentucky derby so I'm stuck on flat work. Man this sucks. !!!!. Good thing I like building humidors though. But I need to get some time on this beast.:mad::D

Bernie Weishapl
04-12-2012, 9:36 PM
That just drives ya nuts. Kinda like when grandma decides to go see the grandkids especially in the middle of a turning.

David DeCristoforo
04-12-2012, 9:47 PM
Some might suggest that you were already nutz what with all of those seventeen million piece segmented turnings you do so well. That would drive me nutz all by itself. But not to worry. If it ain't the lathe that drives you nutz it will be something else...

Ed Morgano
04-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Bill,
Patience is a virtue ....no wait.....it's a total waste of time. I feel for you! :mad:

Bill Wyko
04-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Well, I got a chance to at least do some more glue ups last night towards my big project. I was suppose to do some finish work but it was way too windy. I have some new blanks on the way as well to make some platters. I'll have to let the wood aclimate for a few days but hopefully next week I can do some turning on it.