PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit,Jerry Marcantel

Bill Wyko
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Jerry stopped in yesterday and brought me some rare spalted Paloverde and a piece of Mesquite. He got to see my monster Mustard Machine while he was here. We got to BS for a little while but I got busy with customers so I had to get back to work. Always good to see my fellow Creekers though. Thanks Jerry and stop in any time. Let me have a little more notice next time & I'll bring in some wood for you too.

(I'd have taken pics but the camera is at home.)

charlie knighton
04-12-2012, 2:30 PM
i see both of ya live Tucson, do you have a gallery at your shop Bill, its too soon for Jerry to be traveling to the Knapin show

Bill Wyko
04-12-2012, 5:46 PM
I have a few pieces here. I have to finish a humidor I'm on right now, then I'll be doing a lot of turning. I'll keep most of the pieces here. Jerry had mentioned a trip across the country but now that gas has gone through the roof, I think he'll be limiting the places he had planned on going. Not sure what his route will be now. Great guy though, if you get a chance to meet him, you'll be glad you did. A great guy for sure.

Steve Schlumpf
04-12-2012, 9:34 PM
Always great to hear when Creekers get the chance to meet and spend some time together! Glad you two had some fun! Photos would have been nice but I don't take a camera with me every place I go either!

Hurry up with that humidor - I want to see some big turnings off your new lathe!

Bernie Weishapl
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Creeker visits are always great. Glad you could get together.

Jerry Marcantel
04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Yep, I had a small job to do near Bill's business, so I figured I'd stop in and give him a piece of that spalted Palo Verde I had, and also take a look at his new PowerMatic lathe. Or rather, drool all over it. I'm sure when I left, Bill had to use a squeegy to mop up all the slobbers I left there... That sure is a nice lathe.. He turned it on and I thought he was fooling me because I heard nothing, but the spindle was turning..... Anyway, congrats on the lathe, Bill, and I hope it doesn't get rust after my visit. ...... .... Jerry (in Tucson)

Bill Wyko
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks Jerry, I'll gt something turned on it soon. It never seems to fail, when you get the upgraded anything, something gets in the way of putting it to use. Soon though, very soon.