PDA

View Full Version : Creating hot stamp dies with GCC Explorer

Abdul Baseer Hai
03-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi All,

I have GCC Explorer, 50watt machine and need to make hot stamping dies with aluminum backed silicon rubber. I got the material from Laserbits a few days ago and am ready to roll except that I am having trouble navigating through the stamp mode of the driver. I need step by step guidance through the complete process, especially with the following:

---When I select the stamp mode and go into the stamp screen, I dont know how to select the different values. e.g the pitch, shoulder and the power levels.

---What are the different power levels given at the bottom of the screen and how do you use them.

---What power settings are you supposed to set in the pen mode.

I have to make and deliver a sample die to a printing house and need the die to be perfect in order to secure an ongoing order.

(These questions are specific to the GCC Laserpro Explorer 50 watt machine driver)

Will appreciate all the help you folks can give.Thanks

Abdul

Kevin Huffman
03-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Hello Abdul,
The best way to explain this is with a picture.

You will see the two black lines. They represent the left and the right on your object. Your object can be anything, text, a square or an image. It will put the shoulder on all sides of it automatically.

You set the pitch to be the width of the shoulder you want.
You set the shoulder to concave curve or convex curve.
The power levels are set automatically. When you move the adjusting bars you will see the numbers change to match. Moving the Adjusting bars changes your shoulder.

You will set the power/speed for black to determine depth that you want. Which is completely determined by your material. For this type of job on a soft wood, your power/speed would be something like 100% speed 80% power. As for rubber stamp's, you will use the oposite 80% speed and 100% power. Rubber stamp material is a lot more dense.

Let me know if there is anything further explaination needed.

Abdul Baseer Hai
03-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Kevin

That was an excellent reply. No doubt you guys are quick.
I will try using the help you gave and will get back to you with the results.

What pitch would you use for hard aluminun backed rubber.

Would you use a concave or a convex shape? (What will give more stability to the letters)

Thanks

Abdul

Kevin Huffman
03-28-2005, 2:01 PM
Hey Abdul,
I almost always use a concave shoulder. It gives the letters more strength while pushing down on them to make your stamp.
As far as pitch, it is dependant on your particular rubber. I would start with the default setting and go from there.