PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg sites to see

Rick Potter
04-12-2012, 12:13 AM
We have been to Williamsburg a couple times, and seen the usual sights, like Jamestown, DC, Mt. Vernon, and the other National Historic places. Anyone have any ideas of off the beaten path stuff we should see. Going for a friends anniversary Friday, and staying a week.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rick Potter

Rich Engelhardt
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
George Wilson used to work there.
Maybe you can PM him.

Ted Calver
04-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Williamsburg Winery and Williamsburg AleWerks have nice tours. Drive the scenic Colonial Parkway to Yorktown and take a sunset cruise on a schooner from Yorktown Sailing Charters. Check out the Mariners Museum, Peninsula Fine Arts Center and Virginia Living Museum in Newport News. Go shopping at the newly renovated Pottery Outlet Mall in Williamsburg. Also some nice wineries in New Kent County, half an hour west. Woodcraft lives across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel in Norfolk and while you're there check out the Chrysler Museum, the Norfolk Botanical Garden or the beaches in Virginia Beach. Lots to do within an hour's drive :)

Steve Wurster
04-12-2012, 2:13 PM
If you're golfing, try to get on Royal New Kent or its sister course Stonehouse. They are great, with the former being quite a beast.

Rick Potter
04-13-2012, 2:32 AM
Thanks guys,

We are leaving in a couple hours, and will check out some of your suggestions.

Rick Potter

Mark Patoka
04-13-2012, 9:28 AM
May Keith will give you a tour of the SawMill Creek Headquarters :)

Keith Outten
04-13-2012, 9:35 PM
Absolutely,

Rick your welcome to a tour of my shop while your in the area. I am only about twenty minutes from Williamsburg.
Let me know!

Kevin W Johnson
04-13-2012, 10:04 PM
+1 for the SMCH tour. Keith is a great guy.

Rick Potter
04-22-2012, 3:36 AM
Darn......

Just got back from Williamsburg, and I see an invite to Keiths shop. Story of my life. No computer where we were.

We went for a 50th anniversary party. My wife was a bridesmaid at the wedding. Another bridesmaid had her 50th a couple months ago, and we just had our 48th. Another bridesmaid just had her 48th too. They are all close friends from high school.

When we got there we found out an aunt was in the hospital nearby, so our trip was limited to the three day pass at W-burg, the hospital, and the anniversary. The aunt is doing fine now....got her third pacemaker.

Thanks, Keith, for the invite. Maybe next time. It was still a nice trip.

Rick Potter

Keith Outten
04-22-2012, 8:54 AM
Rick,

Sorry we missed you, maybe on the next trip we can connect.