PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello from Salisbury NC

Jason Ritchie
04-10-2012, 1:14 PM
I just wanted to say hello. I have been a long time reader and decided its time to join. I enjoy all woodworking but enjoy wood turning the most. I have been turning for over 5 years now doing mostly pens and a few bowls. If there are any wood turners near me drop me a PM and maybe we can talk shop some time.

John Keeton
04-10-2012, 1:16 PM
Jason, glad to have you jump in the waters of the creek with us!! We love pics, so please share some of your work with us, and we look forward to your postings.

Roger Chandler
04-10-2012, 1:37 PM
Welcome to the "creek" Jason! I know where Salisbury is...........used to work for a company that has/had its headquarters there. Good to have you post, and like JK said above........post some pics of your work...........around here there is almost a written rule..........."no pics.........didn't happen!" :rolleyes: Once in a while we deviate from that rule, but we like to keep it in place most of the time.

You will find the "creekers" on this forum to be both good and helpful folks..........I am sure you will feel right at home! :)

Doug W Swanson
04-10-2012, 2:04 PM
Welcome to the creek! I'm sure you are already deep into the 'turning vortex' but one thing you'll find is that the people here pull you in further and further!:eek:

Actually there is always some good advice, beautiful turnings and great people here at SMC!

Steve Schlumpf
04-10-2012, 4:58 PM
Welcome to the Creek Jason! Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Nate Davey
04-10-2012, 5:40 PM
Welcome Jason, some very talented people here who freely share their knowledge.

Richard Jones
04-10-2012, 5:43 PM
Catawba College guy here. Oh, the stories I could tell. At least the ones I remember.........

Used to shoot IPSC at Rowan, now I only pass through there on the way to the grandkids in Gastonia.

Welcome.

Rich

Steve Vaughan
04-10-2012, 7:26 PM
Welcome to the show, Jason! Salisbury's a really neat place. Been through there quite a bit! You'll find that the creek is another great place to be!

Jason Ritchie
04-10-2012, 7:40 PM
Thanks for all of the wonderful responses! I feel very welcome here and look forward to contributing!

Bill Hensley
04-10-2012, 8:09 PM
Jason welcome to the creek. I'm not far from you, just outside Lexington. I'll send you a PM.

I have also competed over at Rowan that Richard is talking about. Nice range.

Tim Rinehart
04-10-2012, 9:35 PM
Welcome Jason. I'm down in Charlotte, look forward to meeting you sometime. Check out a meeting sometime at Southern Piedmont Woodturners in Concord if you get a chance.

Jamie Donaldson
04-10-2012, 9:43 PM
There's some great fishing in your area, especially for stripers! You can make some great Striper Swiper poppers on the lathe!

Bernie Weishapl
04-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Welcome to SMC Jason. Jump right in and lots of pictures.

Greg Bender
04-11-2012, 9:41 PM
Jason,
Welcome to the Creek ,I'm at the other end of 150 West in Mooresville. Get in touch and I can get you familiar with what's going on over in this direction. Got quite a few woodworkers in the Mooresville area and a excellent Source for wood and other WW related supplies.
Greg

Gene Hintze
04-17-2012, 7:53 AM
Hi Jason. I'm right up the road from you in Greensboro. If you would ever like to visit my little shop of horrors drop me a PM. I do bowls, pens, stoppers and flat work like cutting boards, lazy susans, etc. I am also up for wood trades. I have a bunch of green log sections of pecan, two huge maples burls and some black walnut at the moment.

Jason Ritchie
04-17-2012, 8:24 AM
I just want to say that this is the best forum I have every had the pleasure of being a part of and I'm glad I got banned from that other forum. I feel like I can say whats on my mind here without the fear of offending a sponsoring vendor. You guys are the best and it really does feel like a close-knit community here, like we are all neighbors just across the street from one another. I have yet to read a thread here where someone was snarky or abrasive... just truly a great bunch of folks willing to help. I have become addicted to scanning this forum daily for anything I can learn or where I may be able to help. You guys are the best! Thanks to each and every person here for making this a great place to be!