View Full Version : Star Knobs with stud

Sean Troy
04-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Would anyone happen to know where I could find star knobs or similar with 12-24 x3/4 studs. I've searched the internet but haven't had any luck. Lot's of 1/4 inch and even 10-24 and 32 but no 12/24. thanks, Sean

Jamie Buxton
04-10-2012, 1:38 AM
Yeah, that's an unusual size. You may have to buy an unthreaded knob, drill and tap it for your desired size, and run threaded rod into the hole. You can put epoxy or superglue on it to keep the shaft in the knob. Or you can even make your own knob from wood, and add the all-thread to it.

John McClanahan
04-10-2012, 9:13 AM
Have you tried the home centers? Look in the "specialty fastener" bins, usually with the bolts and screws.

Lee Schierer
04-10-2012, 10:02 AM
You can buy unthreaded knobs at McMaster Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-component-knobs/=h1lxz2) that you can drill and tap for the size you want. If you have or make some threaded rod you can use Loctite to keep the stud locked into the knob. 12-24 is not commonly used.