PDA

View Full Version : Sources for Wegner (The) Chair plan

Antoine Gautier
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

Anyone knows where to find somewhat accurate plans for Wegner's "The Chair" ? FWW#21 has an article and a small sketch, is there something in Noritsugu Oda' book ?

Thanks !

Dave Richards
04-10-2012, 7:16 AM
I don't know of a source for plans but between the sketches in FWW#21 and this (http://www.dkvogue.com/video/download/hi-res/the-chair/the-chair.wmv) you might be able to get it sorted out. Unless you speak Danish you'll have to read the subtitles. ;) I wouldn't be surprised if legitimate plans were unavailable. I would guess that PP Møbler keeps tight control over that sort of thing.

Keith Starosta
04-10-2012, 9:40 AM
That was a fascinating video!! I was enthralled watching the process they go through to produce such a beautiful chair. Thanks for posting it!

- Keith

Jamie Buxton
04-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Near the end of the video, when the legs are being glued to the back/arms assembly, the craftsman uses one glue on the tenon, and a different glue on the shoulders. Anybody know what's going on there?

Dave Richards
04-10-2012, 1:00 PM
Jamie,

went back and watched it again. It appears its the same glue but he uses a small brush in the mortises and a larger one on the face around the mortise. Then he moves to the tenons and their shoulders using the small brush again. Looks like the same glue pot.

Jamie Buxton
04-10-2012, 8:55 PM
Jamie,

went back and watched it again. It appears its the same glue but he uses a small brush in the mortises and a larger one on the face around the mortise. Then he moves to the tenons and their shoulders using the small brush again. Looks like the same glue pot.

That'd make more sense.