PDA

View Full Version : Project completion gloat

Dan Mages
03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Two years back, my parents painted my laundry room in 14 different colours of paint that they found in Home Depot's "oops" shelf while I was out of town.

For the past three weeks, my parent's have been on a trip celebrating their 30th anniv. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Their laundry room was a plain, white walk-in closet. Now it is a deep, semi-gloss purple with white beadboard wainscoating, cheap home depot cabinets, a funky tile job, Tinker Bell wallpaper boarder, and lots & lots of foam stickers. The details of my mischevious escapades can be seen at http://photobucket.com/albums/v647/DanMages/Laundry%20Room/.

Boy am I going to get it tomorrow!!

Dan :D :eek:

Jerry Clark
03-27-2005, 10:21 PM
To funny, glad to see a sense of humor-- well maybe -- we will see!Thanks for sharing!:)

Mark Stutz
03-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, if Dan doesn't post for a while, at least we will know why! :eek:

Jim Becker
03-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Mazel Tov!! You not only "got them back", but you really did a beautiful job in the process. That's sharp!

Corey Hallagan
03-27-2005, 10:44 PM
That's hillarious! Your in big trouble man!

Corey

Todd Burch
03-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Dan, next time you go out of town, they will have zero mercy. Zero. ;)

Doug Shepard
03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Uh Oh. Somebody's gettin written out of the will:D

David Fried
03-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Maybe you should post this in the design forum!

Hope you survive their thanks!

Mark Singer
03-28-2005, 12:31 AM
I remember that shop....it was in Hait Ashbury...it was 69...or 70 yeah it was far out and the black lights made it spacey.... bought a tie died T shirt there...yeah it was real spacey...Dan, I probably know your fokes...I think we hung out...or got hung out...or?

Mark Singer
03-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Wait a second....don't give him any ideas! I have edit and terminate power...I never use it....I am a softy....I guess
Maybe you should post this in the design forum!

Hope you survive their thanks!

Mike Tempel
03-28-2005, 1:03 AM
That is hilarious. Totally wrong but hilarious. I wouldn't leave town for quite a while if I were you.

Has this been an ongoing revenge cycle?

Pat Monahan
03-28-2005, 1:50 AM
Dan
Now that you have had your revenge, get them again - change your locks!:eek: :D

Randy Moore
03-28-2005, 8:10 AM
Dan
Now that you have had your revenge, get them again - change your locks!:eek: :D

Dan,
I would change locks and add more locks. Heck I might even change addresses, automobiles and everything else except phone numbers.;)

Remind me not to play jokes on people who have my sense of humor. I think that is outofsight. Hope your folkks enjoy.:)

Randy

Darren Ford
03-28-2005, 9:00 AM
I was going to say "groovy", but this forum won't let me post such a short reply. So,

Groovy, man.

Per Swenson
03-28-2005, 9:25 AM
Oh Dude, Dude, whoa..do you think...maybe ahh...
you could like ...comeover and ahh take a look
at my VW microbus? Whoa.
No really thats great! I like it. I'm not kidding.
Per

Tyler Howell
03-28-2005, 9:28 AM
Wow! Far out man!

You don't get mad you get even!

Dan Mages
03-28-2005, 9:33 AM
Thanks everyone.

Sadly, not everything went according to plan. My "reliable" sister did not show up as promised so I could not get the door put back up. I also ran short on time to paint the laundry tub green.

The cabinet doors have a splochy finishing job? The trim work is not perfect? I did not caulk around the tile work? TOUGH!! If they don't like it, they can fix it ;)

Dan

Dan Mages
03-28-2005, 9:45 PM
I just got back from my parent's house. My mother loves the laundry room!! There are a few spots she will touch up, but it will pretty much stay the way it is. She also gave me a beautiful hand carved wood box and a keffiyeh from Jordan, and a nice papyrus painting of the making of wine. I will post pics of the box shortly.

Dan

Mark Singer
03-28-2005, 9:49 PM
dan,

I told you ...they think its spacey....far out...I know them!

David Fried
03-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Now you're going to have to go back paint the wash tub green and the town red!