PDA

View Full Version : Three different types of cherry tool chests

jason walcott
03-27-2005, 10:07 PM
These are three types of tool chest that I have built over the years. The first is a machinist chest from a Shop Notes plan. The second is a cherry chest I designed to hold my hand planes. The third is a cherry and maple plywood tote.

John Dingman
03-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Jason,

Very nice work. The Machinist Tool Chest is outstanding!

Thanks for posting the pics of your work!

John

Roy Wall
03-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Jason,

Excellent work--thanks for sharing!

Can we peek inside the Machinists & Plane chests????

John Miliunas
03-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah Jason, ditto to what Roy requested! The exteriors of all are beautiful. How about a peak inside?!:) :cool:

jason walcott
03-28-2005, 9:42 PM
Roy, John Here are some pictures of the inside of the machinist chest. The drawers still need to be lined with felt. The plane chest is empty at the moment so there is not much to see.I am getting ready to sell both chest soon. I have another cabinet that I store my planes and hand tools in.

Mark Singer
03-28-2005, 9:50 PM
Beautiful!!!Great work!!

Roy Wall
03-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks Jason-----again, terrific job!!

James Mittlefehldt
03-29-2005, 5:53 AM
Very nice indeed Jason I love to see tool chests and wokbenches, they really turn my crank for some reason. I want to someday build a classic cabinet makers tools chest as described in the Toolbox book, and I have some 13 inch Walnut boards just waiting for that happy day.

Why sell the chests Jason have they outlived their usefullness?

Terry Hatfield
03-29-2005, 8:13 AM
Jason,

Outstanding work. I love all 3!!!!

Terry

Jeff Sudmeier
03-29-2005, 8:39 AM
Jason,

Alll three look wonderful. Great work on all of them! There is just something about a nice looking tool chest...

James Carmichael
03-31-2005, 7:48 AM
Very nice, Jason.

I don't suppose you could tell use the Shop Notes issue for the machinists chest?

Thanks!

James

Tyler Howell
03-31-2005, 8:10 AM
Beautiful work Jason:cool:

Mike Scoggins
03-31-2005, 8:29 AM
Jason,

Very nice work. I too, like all three of them. I have yet to make a tool storage cabinet out of nice hard woods, but there is something about them that makes a shop so much more inviting...it just calls out to you and beckons you to come near.

I guess I'm moving in that direction, but the progression is slow. Based on the last few storage cabinets I've made, each one has been a little nicer than the previous one. I'm currently in the process of making a hand plane storage cabinet out of hard wood, admittedly it's recyled, but still hard wood (the source was a couple of oak book cases I purchased inexpensively at an office furniture sale associated with my job).

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Be sure to post pics of your new cabinet when completed!

Mike

jason walcott
03-31-2005, 9:01 PM
James the Shop Notes issue is #49/volume 9. Good luck!