PDA

View Full Version : Maple Urns

Jeff Fagen
04-08-2012, 1:12 AM
These two Maple urns were commissioned by a lady who wanted to divide dad up among the kids.
They are both finished with BLO and laquer and the lid finials are walnut with PCV fitting threads.
They are 8" tall including the finial lid (6" X 3 3/4" vessel).
I tried out my new set of Trent Bosch hollowing tools on these urns and they worked very well.:)
I had thought I might be moving toward pet urns but did not expect a human urn.:eek:

Just a cranky guy in Elk Mound trying to have fun.;)

Bernie Weishapl
04-08-2012, 2:34 AM
Those look really nice Jeff. Like them both but the wood on the first is really pretty. I just did my first one for my wife's brother.

John Keeton
04-08-2012, 6:22 AM
Jeff, both are very nice, but what a difference a little spalting makes! That one kind of stands out - in a good way.

Michelle Rich
04-08-2012, 6:48 AM
luv that spalted one!

Doug W Swanson
04-08-2012, 8:14 AM
They are both nice but I also like the spalted one best. Good job on the form, too!

Greg Just
04-08-2012, 8:45 AM
Very nice Jeff with great form. Customer should be pleased.

Richard Golde
04-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Great job Jeff. As a fellow club member when I die can they just drop me off and you can do the rest? Spalting sure does add doesn't it. Keep up the good work.

Steve Schlumpf
04-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Nice work on both urns Jeff! The spalted is pretty but so is the curly! I am sure your customer will be pleased!!

Jeff Fagen
04-11-2012, 9:38 PM
Well the lady would not except the spalted maple urn.:eek:Her husband was a simple man and a woodworker and she just couldn't have him in such a busy urn.So she wants one simpler and smaller and a much simpler finial.Ugg,I hate special orders.I think if he were here he'd say he wants the spalted urn.:)