PDA

View Full Version : clamps

craig carlson
03-27-2005, 6:42 PM
Hi,

Ya know, I have Bessies and Cabinert Masters but when it comes right down to it I still prefer my pipe clamps! Do I need therapy?

Craig

James Miller
03-27-2005, 7:02 PM
I have a few different types of clamps thay all seem to come in handy for different projects.

Jim

Jim Becker
03-27-2005, 9:20 PM
No, you don't need therapy. You should always use the tools that you are most comfortable with.

Bill Arnold
03-28-2005, 3:24 AM
For all the money I've put into tools in recent years, I can't seem to justify the expense of Bessey clamps. I have an assortment of pipe, bar and quick-grip clamps that do what I need to do. Maybe when I have a wad of cash burnign a hole in my pocket and I can't find anything else to do with it, I'll invest it in a set of Bessey's.:D

chris toomey
03-28-2005, 8:21 AM
For all the money I've put into tools in recent years, I can't seem to justify the expense of Bessey clamps. I have an assortment of pipe, bar and quick-grip clamps that do what I need to do. Maybe when I have a wad of cash burnign a hole in my pocket and I can't find anything else to do with it, I'll invest it in a set of Bessey's.:D
bill, i used to feel the same way until i got some besseys.

Dan Gill
03-28-2005, 8:33 AM
If you don't like them, don't worry about it. Put them up for sale and buy MORE pipe clamps. Or I'll trade you pipe clamps for Besseys and Cabinet Masters one-for-one. :D

Maurice Ungaro
03-28-2005, 9:58 AM
Craig, I'll give you a fair price for your Besseys. They'll get a good home, trust me.

Maurice

jack duren
03-28-2005, 9:29 PM
i bought several of the besseys during the big sale a couple yrs back. took all but 4 back just for dovetail drawers. other than that a total waste. put me in the "cant justify" catagory.....jack

Steve Clardy
03-29-2005, 11:06 AM
I am clamp poor.:eek: Too many too list here.
I acquired 28 Cabinet Masters during their clamp sale, to use for door glue-ups. But I find myself still reaching for the 1/2" pipe clamps to use. Easier to use, lighter, etc.

craig carlson
03-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Steve, Out of those 28 CM clamps have you broken any of the aluminum die castings? I broke one and they (adjustable clamp co) replaced the aluminum casting with a iron one.
Craig

Steve Clardy
03-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Steve, Out of those 28 CM clamps have you broken any of the aluminum die castings? I broke one and they (adjustable clamp co) replaced the aluminum casting with a iron one.
Craig

Yes. Had a buddy over helping me do some cabinet work, I was behind, and We were gluing up a face frame to a huge kitchen island box, and one snapped on him. I emailed clampman, he hangs on WN, and He sent me one right out. Later, I had a few that didn't slide good, and I contacted him again. He sent out 6 more replacements for me. They have great customer service.
I have, had, all of them originally the cast alum., and the replacements are black iron.
While we're at it, I noticed your town you live in. I just sent a money order to some fella that I bought something off of Ebay. His emails are bouncing back to me.:confused: Would you go slap him for me if I don't get what I paid for?:eek:
Lol
Steve:)