PDA

View Full Version : Book Press

Nicholas Lingg
04-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I just finished this Book Press. I copyed it from a picture I found on the Net.

G Douglas Fowler
04-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Not too many people have one of those laying aound in their room. Verey different and cool. Inlay looks well done and is something I have not yet tried. Some day.

Terry Beadle
04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Good job ! Nice choice of materials.

Many questions come to mind. I looked up what a book press was on google. It's supposed to be used to re-bind books. Is that what you are using this for? The two books in the third picture don't look like they are being re-glued...but I could be wrong.

If you are using this book press to re-bind books, what process steps do you do and what adhesive are you using. I would like to make a similar tool to re-bind paper back books...

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for posting.

Nicholas Lingg
04-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Book Presses of this type were used before Air Conditioning to keep moisure out of the paper.

Eric Bong
04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
I second the very neat. What was the most difficult part of building it?

Nicholas Lingg
04-09-2012, 8:20 AM
I second the very neat. What was the most difficult part of building it?

Thanks! Putting in the last piece of the compass points I had to make a second piece

Eric DeSilva
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Neat! Are you a book binder?

I thought about making a bookbinding set up out of wood after someone posted a video of someone doing a binding. I think I saved it... If I can find it, I'll edit the link in.

Edit.. Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMzgQMy5bio

Rick Markham
04-20-2012, 2:48 AM
Neat! Are you a book binder?

I thought about making a bookbinding set up out of wood after someone posted a video of someone doing a binding. I think I saved it... If I can find it, I'll edit the link in.

Edit.. Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMzgQMy5bio

Cool video!

Amazing Inlay work on your book press Nicholas!