PDA

View Full Version : Corner Curio display case

Rob Wong
04-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I am looking for plans to make a corner curio display case. The type with 3 sides with a glass front door. If anyone knows where to find one or has built one and is willing to share their plans and or pictures I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rob

Michael Weber
04-08-2012, 4:55 PM
Rob, I knew that rang a bell with me so I looked at some back issues and found plans in Wood Magazine in the March 2011 issue starting on page 38.

ed vitanovec
04-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I finished this one about 2 weeks ago, at the time I took the picture it did not have all the glass shelves in. Its all cherry and I made the Base Board and Crown molding too. The Door slides to the left and it is on 3 18" Drawer Slides. The dimesions are 24" x 24" x 82" tall, the small side panels are 10" wide. I designed this myself and mostly without plans. The Panel sections are constructed with Stiles and Rails and the back side is rabbited out for the glass. I cut 1/4" x 1/4" long strips to hold the glass in place with small brad nails. The Mirrors have a 1/4" Plywood backing and its held in place with screws and Fender washers. The light is a 20W light with a touch dimming switch, works really nice and is hidden on the back side. Just touch it and it comes on and each time you touch it it get brighter and eventually shuts off on the 4th touch.
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt102/fasteddie58/CornerCurioCabinet.jpg