PDA

View Full Version : Another Shenhui order!

Tom Schulze
04-06-2012, 11:13 PM
OK, Well I pulled the trigger on my order tonight with Shenhui and put down my 30% with Paypal. I'm ordering a SH-G1290 dual head, 80W RECI W2 tubes, both rotaries, knife table, honeycomb table, CW5000 chiller, motorized table with 50CM travel, 25mm diameter mirrors, 20mm diameter lens, 63.5mm focus lens, extra full set of mirrors, 2 each of 38mm, 63mm, and 100mm focus lenses, set of focus cones for each focal length lens, set of spare belts, safety glasses, and some odorless rubber.

I'm going to use the broker that George used, thanks George.

I already can't wait to get it. LOL.

Rodne Gold
04-07-2012, 3:01 AM
Wow , you getting a fully loaded machine.. good luck.
as to your spares , this is what you need
lenses , mirrors , a tube , a tube power supply , a motherboard , lcd display panel, stepper motor , stepper motor driver , belts , bearings.
what is a focus cone?

john banks
04-07-2012, 9:09 AM
One user had his display panel fail but managed to continue using the machine using the PC. I had a stepper motor driver fail, replaced by airmail in 2 working days but also available locally. None of the other spares I ordered have been needed yet.

What is the odorless rubber for?

Tom Schulze
04-07-2012, 2:10 PM
I've read a lot of articles on here, especially from you two, and was considering getting all the extras but I didn't want to put out that extra money right now as initially this engraver will be for learning/playing and preparing for a business, but more for a hobby, so if its down it's not that critical right now. When we get to a full production point, I'll probably get the spares so i'm not down for too long when we have a failure. I was going to order and extra tube and power supply, but looking at those costs vs doing a dual head, I went for the dual head. I figure this way if I lose a tube or power supply I still have another to use while waiting for the replacement.

Rodney,

The focus cone is what I call the piece below the lens at the bottom of the laser head. I'm not sure if that is the correct term, but Pascal knows what I want for those pieces. They have different sized ones depending on focal length. That way I don't have to worry about putting in the 100mm lens and having the beam hit the inside of the cone and losing the full power of the beam plus I don't have to modify it to make the hole bigger and then lose air pressure.

John,
The odorless rubber is for rubber stamps. From what I've found on the net, they have an unbeatable price on it, plus free shipping since its getting packed in with the laser.

Tom

john banks
04-07-2012, 3:52 PM
Thanks Tom, I wish I knew about these cones before. Have sent them an email to see if we can get some as keeping the air velocity high at the work really helps wood cutting.

Rodne Gold
04-07-2012, 5:57 PM
You mean the nozzle -- ok :) -
The whole flying head assembly , the part that moves on the Y gantry cost $12...!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea how it can be made for that price.!!!! - Mirror mounts a princely $22 so I also ordered some spare of those for some potential modifications I might want to do.
I do production so the cost of the spares is much cheaper than being down for possibly a week waiting for parts..
Anyway its a really nice machine for a hobbist , a wonderful toy if you dont have financial pressures so enjoy it.

Ross Moshinsky
04-07-2012, 6:11 PM
Rodne, I think you get quoted special prices. I was quoted $50 for the laser head. $90 for a set of mirrors. $50 per focal lens.

Greg Facer
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Not sure if I should add this into Tom's thread, but I've also got a couple (identical) 150w RECI machines on order, probably making all three side by side! I should write up my own purchase anyways but I have a few observations that haven't shown up on my research.

1) Shenhui is sort of the place for members here, but on cnczone they barely rate a mention. Wk laser was also in the running, little more expensive, but probably would have bought wk if only one machine. The fact a lot of their people are online helps.
2) For total peace of mind, make sure you have emails from multiple contacts at the company. When the email is a hotmail account, it's funny what you worry about AFTER you send the deposit, even though I have photos etc and Beata has been mentioned here as a rep....you have a slight worry that she just might not still be with the company!
3) I've found the language issue with somewhat difficult. I find the best way to communicate is to search for a photo o a similar machine (or one they have sent) and annotate it to show the feature you want to see in detail in photos from them. Works great when the language barrier is too high.

Like Tom, looking forward to them. Working on design ideas in acrylic on the CNC with a 1/16" bit in the meantime!
Off to change my signature too.

Greg

Rodne Gold
04-08-2012, 3:11 AM
Ross , the mirrors and lenses are more expensive than the mounts. Even at $50 , the whole head assembly is real cheap , a pal of mine told me he would have charged me in excess of $1000 to duplicate it....
Greg , the other board gets spammed and they allow it , whoever spams the most is the "winner"
I spent 2 days at the Shenui factory , it's no shed in some backyard , they literally had 100's of machines waiting for shipment and being built , it was quite impressive. I paid the full amount for my 2 machines up front and got what was on the tin and it was despatched and recieved when promised, I got a free upgrade of 3 mainboards and LCD panels when they swapped over 2 or 3 weeks after I got my machines (all I had to do was send the old stuff back - cost me $100)
I met a few of their agents for other countries there and they all had extremely positive things to say about the co. The way they answered my pretty technical questions etc was excellent. They even insisted on sending me a $70 refund cos I deleted their shipping charges (I told em to keep it as a credit)
I must say , in general , all of my chinese suppliers actually deliver what they have promised across the board , I am currently dealing with a trophy component supplier , a crystal supplier , a woodwork supplier , a doming resin supplier , acrylic sheeting and engraving laminate supplier , laser supplier , a medal manufacturer and a badge findings co , not one so far has scammed or let me down.

Basically , all the laser "makers" in this sort of segment in China are really assemblers , they all use a pool of the same components like stepper motors , stepper drivers , motherboards , lcd panels , tubes , tube poswer supplys and software, the distinguishing thing about em is the way they build the carcases and the care they take when assembing and testing. I'm sure there are other laser suppliers in China that are as good or are as big , I just didn't bother going further into it as shenui had me covered...

Tom Schulze
04-08-2012, 12:40 PM
I am currently dealing with a trophy component supplier , a crystal supplier , a woodwork supplier , a doming resin supplier , acrylic sheeting and engraving laminate supplier , laser supplier , a medal manufacturer and a badge findings co , not one so far has scammed or let me down.

Where are you finding the engraving laminate? I've been trying to find it on alibaba.com

Tom

Tom Schulze
04-26-2012, 10:50 AM
So things are starting to roll. I've gotten some pictures of my machine. Do to some holiday in China (man it seems like there is always a holiday they shutdown for) my shipment will be delayed until after May 5th. Given that it should be at my door June 7th. Woohoo!! I'd like to thank everyone who has helped with my decisions and who has posted their experiences with Shenhui, it has been an incredible help and source of information. Thank you.

Anyway, here are the pictures

Tom Schulze
04-26-2012, 10:53 AM

George M. Perzel
04-26-2012, 6:16 PM
Tom;
Insist, no INSIST, that they send you a picture of the machine in the crate with the front open and all spare parts and accessories laid out in front of the machine. DEMAND an itemized shipping checklist. If they don't send it tell them you don't want the machine and will contact Paypal for refund.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Bill Cunningham
04-26-2012, 9:53 PM
Tom;
Insist, no INSIST, that they send you a picture of the machine in the crate with the front open and all spare parts and accessories laid out in front of the machine. DEMAND an itemized shipping checklist. If they don't send it tell them you don't want the machine and will contact Paypal for refund.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

George.. Does anyone use one of the inspection services you see on Alibaba to verify the shipment is complete and prepared for shipment.. I think the average cost is about $125-$150.. or is there a reason not to trust these service providers?

George M. Perzel
04-27-2012, 7:49 AM
Bill;
Great idea-did not know service existed as never really bought anything other than the laser. Worth a try at that price.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Rodne Gold
04-27-2012, 9:18 AM
I wouldn't use that service , I wouldn't trust em. Even my "trusted" agents in China are somewhat "slimy".
Just insist on the individual pics of YOUR checklist of spares and ask them to sign off on it when it is put in the crate/s.
Tell them there have been reports of missing spares and they are losing face and orders because of it.

Tom Schulze
04-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. My plan is to have him video a checklist pointing to each part as he checks it off the list as it sits in the crate.

George Carlson
04-27-2012, 6:39 PM
I'm a little suprized that Shenhui would ship the unit with the tubes installed. Do they normally do that?

Tom Schulze
04-27-2012, 7:21 PM
I'm a little suprized that Shenhui would ship the unit with the tubes installed. Do they normally do that?

that was a build picture, not a packed picture.

Tom Schulze
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
getting closer. the laser is at port in California. I was informed it was flagged for extra inspection too. yay! oh well part of the import process. supposed to be at my door on the 7th. we'll see.

tom

jordan matthai
05-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Seems they liked the color I had them paint my machine since it is showing up on more :D.
Good luck with your shipment. I received mine a little over a week ago and have been mostly problem free. It did ship with a bad LCD but I ordered a spare that works fine and they are sending a replacement chip. The table mounts on the left side were also broken when it arrived and had to be re-welded . Overall everything works well.

Bruce Dorworth
05-29-2012, 7:53 PM
Tom, where are you located?

Bruce

Rich Harman
05-29-2012, 8:09 PM
Were you successful in getting the video checklist?

Tom Schulze
05-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Tom, where are you located?

Bruce
I'm located in Wisconsin, near Milwaukee

Were you successful in getting the video checklist?

No, not successful with the video checklist unfortunately. Pascal was gone for two weeks for some sort of trade show while my machine was being built and just decided to ship it out right when he got back. He actually had it shipped before I made my final payment to him. After talking with him quite a bit about the shipment, it seems like everything was shipped, as well as they threw in the blower and compressor for free, even though I didn't order them.

Doane Buksar
05-30-2012, 9:32 PM
Tom,

I know you are excited to get your machine, but consider George's advice and threaten to cancel your order unless they video your shipment. I am skeptical of Pascal's claim to have shipped the machine already. You may have guessed that I am one of the guys that have been burned by their false claims.

Tom Schulze
05-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Tom,

I know you are excited to get your machine, but consider George's advice and threaten to cancel your order unless they video your shipment. I am skeptical of Pascal's claim to have shipped the machine already. You may have guessed that I am one of the guys that have been burned by their false claims.

It'll be hard to cancel the order since its already in the US and its already paid. I'm comfortable that I'll get what I need, I paid with my Amex via PayPal and they'll back me if there is anything amiss.

Tom Schulze
06-22-2012, 5:17 PM
After an extra inspection in LA and seemingly stuck in every warehouse from china to here for some holiday or long weekend, it's finally here. The truck arrived this morning and we unloaded the two crates into my garage. So far everything is as expected other than a few minor issues. couple of bent blades from the knife table, a cracked lens in the laser head ( i've got spares :) ), and one wrong spare lens. They did however only build it with 18mm lenses and not the 20mm as requested, so I'll be working with pascal on that one, not the worst of things, but not what I wanted. Now, I just have to wait for the movers to haul that thing downstairs tomorrow morning so I can start getting it set up and see that everything is working ok. Does anyone know where to get the latest version of LaserWorks for the machine? I expected software but didn't see any in the packaging. they threw in the blower and air compressor for free, that little blower really seems to crank out the air, you guys have had problems with it though right?

I'll keep everyone updated as things move along.

Rich Harman
06-22-2012, 6:54 PM
I wouldn't stress about the size of the lens. The beam only uses about 7mm at the most. If you plan to use a beam expander then it could become an issue.

There are a couple different fans that I have seen. Not sure which one you have. Mine is a 220V, the housing is maybe 10 to 12" in diameter and it does perform better than expected. However after nearly a year of use it is starting to make a bit of a howling noise. I expect I'll be replacing it before too long.

The Air assist, if you have the larger unit, is marginally adequate. I have replace mine with a Gast compressor and the difference is remarkable.

Take the time now to wire in the CW5000 in series with the water switch on the machine. The switch on the machine is not reliable. One time I ran at 100% power for six minutes before realizing the chiller wasn't running.

Here is a link to the software:

Shenhui Software.zip (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7676084/Shenhui%20New/Shenhui%20Software%20-%20new.zip)

Greg Facer
06-22-2012, 7:49 PM
Software should be in the little blue bag, although I'm sure you can get it here from someone (myself included) if it is missing. I don't think it's really labeled, just a CD-R disc.

Not surprised on the cracked lens, good to check before moving up / down stairs. I can tell from experience that checking it all out *after* moving and you will not know 100% if it was broken at sea or in-house!

Speaking of moving downstairs..... are you really going down stairs? We had to move ours upstairs in our commercial bay warehouse. 4ft stairs, forklift to help and 4 guys = still tricky. Take photos if you are, I sure wish I had!

Hope everything goes well and you get running quick and painless. Curious, was yours the new cabinet style (curves) or angular, and did your's come with an amp meter?

Greg

Rich Harman
06-22-2012, 9:07 PM
and did your's come with an amp meter?

Greg

Did yours NOT come with the ammeter? It would be difficult to know what power you are getting out of the laser without it.

For example, a few months ago I switched to the new style of controller - when power was set to 98% the ammeter was reading less than 20mA giving me essentially a 60 watt laser. I had to adjust the laser power supply in order to get the full 29mA. I usually run a max of 22 to 24mA. Reci states that for long life the tube should be run at no more than 25mA.

Tom Schulze
06-22-2012, 9:52 PM
yeah, there is future plans to put in a beam expander, thats why I wanted the 20mm lens. Was there a post about wiring the chiller in sequence on here that I can reference? Thanks for the software post.

I wouldn't stress about the size of the lens. The beam only uses about 7mm at the most. If you plan to use a beam expander then it could become an issue.

There are a couple different fans that I have seen. Not sure which one you have. Mine is a 220V, the housing is maybe 10 to 12" in diameter and it does perform better than expected. However after nearly a year of use it is starting to make a bit of a howling noise. I expect I'll be replacing it before too long.

The Air assist, if you have the larger unit, is marginally adequate. I have replace mine with a Gast compressor and the difference is remarkable.

Take the time now to wire in the CW5000 in series with the water switch on the machine. The switch on the machine is not reliable. One time I ran at 100% power for six minutes before realizing the chiller wasn't running.

Here is a link to the software:

Shenhui Software.zip (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7676084/Shenhui%20New/Shenhui%20Software%20-%20new.zip)

Tom Schulze
06-22-2012, 9:55 PM
Yeah, no software at all in the bag. No, not going down stairs, going down a hill then in a patio door, removing both door tomorrow morning before they come. Angular cabinet and yes it has an amp meter for both tubes.

Software should be in the little blue bag, although I'm sure you can get it here from someone (myself included) if it is missing. I don't think it's really labeled, just a CD-R disc.

Not surprised on the cracked lens, good to check before moving up / down stairs. I can tell from experience that checking it all out *after* moving and you will not know 100% if it was broken at sea or in-house!

Speaking of moving downstairs..... are you really going down stairs? We had to move ours upstairs in our commercial bay warehouse. 4ft stairs, forklift to help and 4 guys = still tricky. Take photos if you are, I sure wish I had!

Hope everything goes well and you get running quick and painless. Curious, was yours the new cabinet style (curves) or angular, and did your's come with an amp meter?

Greg