PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying an X-axis movement problem with a Trotec Speedy 300

luis velasquez
04-06-2012, 6:43 PM
Hi, folks. This is my first intervention in this forum.
Iīm trying to find out what is wrong with my Trotec Speedy 300 30 watts.
Itīs engraving head is not moving in the X-direction.
It does not obey to the arrow keys in the panel.
Itīs moving correctly in the Y-direction.
May it help to update the firmware or Job Control software?
Could it be a problem with the X-motor?
How can I determine if the motor is working correctly?
The motor is a MOOG Brushless DC Motor Model: BN23-13EU-01LH D/C 0746 CAGE CODE: 4H618

Kind regards

LUIS:confused:
http://www.moog.com/images/Products/Motors_Servomotors/Brushless_Motors/BN23Motors_prod_banner_narrow.jpg

Randy Digby
04-06-2012, 8:36 PM
Most important thing going into a weekend, have you contacted your sales rep? (Sorry, don't know for sure where you are located) Also, are you getting any error message in the job control software?

Randy Digby
04-06-2012, 8:40 PM
I've got a Speedy 100 but I doubt there is much difference physically. A couple of easy things to check:
Open the left door and check the plug in on the extreme bottom of the x axis drive motor. That should be the encoder cable. Next, check the x axis motor lead wires. If the same as my 100, there will be three wires (red, black, green) covered with a black protective covering coming from the base of the motor and attaching to the PC board with a plug in. Gently move the three wires in the connector to be sure they are seated in the connector. I had a problem with mine this week when the red wire broke in the connector. Beyond that, I have no other suggestions. good luck.

Randy Digby
04-06-2012, 8:42 PM
Sorry Luis...I see you are way south of us...I was not smart enough to look at your location info.

Randy Digby
04-06-2012, 8:45 PM
So, I keep thinking of stuff. Be sure to check the x axis drive belt if you have not already. Having found the motor specs, I'm sure you checked this while inspecting the drive motor.

Mark Sipes
04-06-2012, 10:24 PM
with the machine off manually move the laser rail and head to make sure the bearings and belts move freely. no bindding or grinding...... position laser head to center of table. turn on machine. does the table drop and the laser head go to "home".......

No bells or lights????

get back with us.

Stephanie Koenig
04-08-2012, 9:57 AM
You may need to replace the driver boards for the axis. It can be expensive if you're not under warrantee anymore. Try updating the firmware, if that doesn't help it might be the boards. I don't know what the support is for your location, but I can get boards shipped pretty fast here.