PDA

View Full Version : How to use Epilog laser with the door open and where to buy stainless dog bone tags?

bruce edwards
04-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi I got some 12x24 inch mirrored acrylic as that was the only option to purchase. My Mini 18 has a 12x18 inch bed. I want to vector cut it so I can actually
start experimenting with the acrylic. I've searched google a few times to try and get the correct answer, but have yet to find it. I know it has something to do with the magnets....hehe
My other question is where to get wholesale stainless steel dog bone shaped tags? 1.5 inches to 2 or 3 inches in width. I have done a lot of anodized aluminum tags, but some customers want stainless tags. I called McMaster and they don't have any that shape. Chewbarka also doesn't carry them. I'm in the Philippines but don't want to order anything from China unless it's the only option. :confused: Thank you in advance

Dan Hintz
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Stick a magnet on the door sensors... problem #1 solved.

Larry Bratton
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Bruce,
I assume the front panel is removable from the Mini 18 as my 36EXT is. If you need to, you can remove the panel and put material longer than 18" in from the front. I did that with my EXT just yesterday. I had a shipment of acrylic that came in 24" x 48" instead of my standard 24" x 36", so I had to chop 12" off the end of the pieces. I cut 16 pieces down to 36" in just a short time. Good luck with your new machine.

mike klein
04-06-2012, 1:34 PM
Inland products has stainless steel tags
http://www.inlandproducts.com/pet_tag_blanks.htm

Tony Lenkic
04-06-2012, 1:44 PM
For dog tags try
www dot inlandproducts dot com

bruce edwards
04-06-2012, 2:10 PM
Stick a magnet on the door sensors... problem #1 solved.

Thanks Dan I knew it wasn't gonna be hard to do, just couldn't find the specific info. Problem 1 is solved. :)

bruce edwards
04-06-2012, 2:11 PM
Inland products has stainless steel tags
http://www.inlandproducts.com/pet_tag_blanks.htm

Thank you mucho Mike and Tony :)

John Noell
04-06-2012, 3:01 PM
Definitely best to take front panel off when cutting 12x24 down to 12x18 when you have a Mini18. (Handed a stack of 12x24 to the new guy, who had seen us take the front off to cut things down. Came back to find the stack of 12x12 pieces of mirrored acrylic! Tried not to scream at the guy.)

Dee Gallo
04-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Definitely best to take front panel off when cutting 12x24 down to 12x18 when you have a Mini18. (Handed a stack of 12x24 to the new guy, who had seen us take the front off to cut things down. Came back to find the stack of 12x12 pieces of mirrored acrylic! Tried not to scream at the guy.)

Time to redesign your document, eh, John? Ah well, wonder why they don't sell 12x18 sheets? I usually buy 12x12 to avoid having to cut it... hopefully your guy will never do THAT again! He'll have to figure out another way to mess up next time - the joys of having help.

cheers, dee

Craig Matheny
04-07-2012, 1:09 PM
On the epilog there are two safety switches that are magnetic. If you have access to the numbers for a hard drive or cd drive you can unplug the switch insert jumper all fixed. But remember one thing once you remove the safety switches and leave the door open the case is no longer laser radiation safe.

Thomas Baranowski
04-09-2012, 5:48 PM
On the epilog there are two safety switches that are magnetic. If you have access to the numbers for a hard drive or cd drive you can unplug the switch insert jumper all fixed. But remember one thing once you remove the safety switches and leave the door open the case is no longer laser radiation safe.
yes but it would take more than 100 passes to completely broil a heart!! lol