PDA

View Full Version : help ! is it right that the current goes higher when bigger distance

walter hofmann
04-05-2012, 5:52 AM
Hi all
I use a converted K40 40W chinese laser engraver converted with PWM laser powersupply and the thunderlaser DF211 DSP. I also have a mA meter to measure the current.
now I just discovered that for instance with a powersetting of 30% the curent by engraving goes higher with the distance also if only 1 inch is engraved the current is only 5mA what would be after my calculation the right current, but if the distance goes higher like 2 inches the current goes to 8mA if the distance then goes mayby to 5 inch the current goes even to 12mA.
does anybody know if this is normal or what could it be.
thanks
walt

john banks
04-05-2012, 7:38 AM
Ammeter response time unless you do a solid block?

walter hofmann
04-05-2012, 9:04 AM
Hi john
thanks for your respond, but I was the opinion that if I set the power on 30% =usally 5mA then this would be the highest level where it would be engraved. in this case with the level going so high it goes very deep and if I set less some will not be engraved because my laser only fire at ca 3mA
greetings
walt

john banks
04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I would then look at whether the control board is putting out the correct PWM signal (since this is low voltage and safer to test) before turning my attention to laser PSU and laser (whilst also checking the connections to everything are good).

walter hofmann
04-05-2012, 3:56 PM
I would then look at whether the control board is putting out the correct PWM signal (since this is low voltage and safer to test) before turning my attention to laser PSU and laser (whilst also checking the connections to everything are good).

Hi john
I think I solved the probleme
I had the laser supply connected to TTL low now I connected it to high and it seams to work showing the right current
greetings
walt

john banks
04-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Excellent. Would like to hear your opinions about the controller when you're fully setup.