PDA

View Full Version : A shop Accent **PIC**

Ken Salisbury
04-27-2003, 9:54 PM
I got a really nice awning that my Son had removed from his house during a remodeling he did about 6 months ago. I found it behind his shed and thought "man, that would look good over my shop door". So, home it went with me. My Son-in-law and I installed it today. It provides a considerable about of shade on the door as you can see. I think it adds a liitle class to "The Old Rebel Workshop". Now all I need is for some of you lazy folks to start to work on my shop sign design contest. The sign will go on the wall between the walk through door and the large door.

Please don't comment on the condition of the fascia board on the top of the shop --- soon to be replaced and entire exterior to be repainted. Another project added to a long list for this summer.

Stan Smith
04-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Now all you need is a few little bistro tables so I can stop by for a cool one.

Stan

Dave Anderson NH
04-28-2003, 10:52 AM
That awning just cries out for a painted logo or name on it. You know, just like they do "downtown".

Peter Gregory
04-28-2003, 11:00 AM
a Southern Drawl! :)

Angelo Schembari
04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Looks good Ken. You need "The Old Rebel Workshop" stenciled on the edge now. :D

Steve Clardy
04-28-2003, 4:06 PM
making a sign that would cover up that nasty facia board?:D

Jason Roehl
04-29-2003, 8:23 AM
Maybe even just a white stripe horizontally about 6" up from the bottom would help set it off.

Bob Lasley
04-29-2003, 10:18 AM
I don't know Ken, it has sort of a N'Orleans, Bourbon Street look to it, sort of a French fufu element. :D Maybe if you added a balcony with wrought iron railing, flower boxes and some of them bead collecting Mardi Gras girls on the balcony...............yeah that would work!

In all honesty, it looks functional and does add a little class.

Bob

David Ripley
04-29-2003, 4:25 PM
Ken, it does look good but I agree with the others, it needs something on it. Hay, how about "Sacramento Kings " That would
look good on it.Just one man thought. David

Dale Sherman
04-29-2003, 10:02 PM
...you don't want the workshop to end up classier than the owner.:D

Dale

Tom Sweeney
04-29-2003, 11:45 PM
No extra charge for painting the Fascia :p :D

Bart Leetch
04-30-2003, 12:27 AM
Well Ken

Now that Tom has shown you how it should look it's time to get crackin.