PDA

View Full Version : Is my laser tube going?

Todd Schwartz
04-03-2012, 9:25 PM
Have a VersaLaser 300 with a 50W laser. Been a great work horse. But am starting to think my tube is going.

Two issues popping up

- first one. One the first run of the day it will not fire for the first 5 seconds or so. After that it is fine, just a little slow getting going first thing in the morning. I can relate to that :)

- second clue. After vector cutting for about 12-15 minutes it will no longer cut through my material. Been seeing this issue all last week. Initial runs are great, but after a time it no longer can cut through either my 3mm BB or my .12" acrylic.

Ran a test tonight - drew about 200 circles and sent the job to the laser to cut. Job took 22 minutes to run. The first 100 fell out like always, the next 50 came out harder, sometimes with a fiber or two still attached. Last 50 would not come out at all.

Cleaned my lens, everything is flat and in focus, did not run into a glue pocket or knot (unfortunately I know what that looks like), same power settings as always.

So does a tube usually lose power over time or does it usually just quit producing power?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom of this forum.

Todd

Mike Mackenzie
04-03-2012, 9:55 PM
Todd,

These are symptoms of the tube, Try removing the back cover and make sure it is just not overheating. This will also expose the serial # and date You will need this to get one on order.

You can send the attached form filled out with the S/N of your system and the S/N of the tube to support@ulsinc.com and they will get the process started.

Gary Hair
04-04-2012, 3:07 AM
Cleaned my lens

But did you clean your mirrors?

Todd Schwartz
04-04-2012, 9:53 AM
But did you clean your mirrors?

You bet, lens and mirrors have never been so clean and everything is still aligned. Thanks for looking for a less expensive option!

Todd

Ruben Salcedo
04-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Todd,

I'm with Mike here, I had to replaced the tube to my VersaLaser like a month ago, and the symptoms I got was almost exactly as yours, all I have to say is congratulations on your like new laser you're going to have, you'll see a big difference on cuttings.

Ruben