PDA

View Full Version : I had to take a break...

Russell Eaton
04-03-2012, 8:17 AM
From the shop project. As you can see from the pictures I am still not finished with the walls and wiring. But after working a regular job, and every weekend and evening I had to try out the new shop. I moved both big lathes and the 18" band saw this past Sat. so Sunday afternoon I fired up the 3520 and made some shavings. It had been several weeks since I turned anything, and it was a nice break from the shop build. The picture is of one corner, I plan to build a work bench around the back wall to put the mini lathes and the metal lathe on. I guess this could be considered a gloat as well. When I finish the wood turning side of the shop will be 1200 sq. ft. That is quite a bit bigger than the cramped basement I am moving out of. By the way the bowl on the lathe is Ambrosia Maple. Thanks for looking. Russell

Steve Busey
04-03-2012, 8:54 AM
Looking good Russell, you've been busy. Glad you got some sawdust therapy in!

John Keeton
04-03-2012, 8:55 AM
Russell, it is getting closer to the finish line! That is going to be some very nice space. From what I can tell, the bowl is looking good, too.

That black PM sure looks at home - shame it has had to tolerate lesser surroundings for the last 4-5 months!

Bernie Weishapl
04-03-2012, 9:13 AM
Looking good Russell. Good to get some turning in.

Eric Gourieux
04-03-2012, 9:16 AM
Russell, that's a really nice space.

Rich Greinert
04-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Very nice gloat Russell!

Roger Chandler
04-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Congratulations on your shop! Hope you get it fixed just the way you want it real soon!

Stephen Walker
04-03-2012, 2:01 PM
Russell,

I did the same thing, moved the lathe in before I was completely finished with the inside. That was last fall, and I've still got some trim work to finish up. Not sure why, but my lathe is a big distraction. I'll tell my wife that I'm going out to the shop to work on the trim, and she ALWAYS catches me turning. Good Luck !

Steve

Jeff Fagen
04-03-2012, 2:27 PM
Black Powermatic is like having a Stealth Bomber in the shop,it always excites you.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
04-03-2012, 2:35 PM
Russell.............I did the same thing.....turned on "the Diving Board" for over 2 years before I got back to finishing the shop. I had almost $600 worth of light fixtures and bulbs stacked in the corner and turned using a construction light. LOL! That construction light stand was the only lights in the shop for 2 years... Now me tell turning isn't addictive?

Beware!

charlie knighton
04-03-2012, 3:11 PM
nice gloat, enjoy Russel

Richard Jones
04-03-2012, 3:38 PM
Hmmmph, I have one just like that.....................

That green tupperware thing in the floor, I actually have 6 of them. Top that!!

Seriously, glad you now have some elbow room.

Rich

Bill Wyko
04-03-2012, 6:03 PM
MMMM Black mustard. Yum. Nice shop and lathe too. Looking forward to the vessel as well.