PDA

View Full Version : dxf drawings and corel x5

greg lindsey
04-02-2012, 2:13 PM
I am looking for a better way to convert dxf drawings in corel x5. Currently I use Trueviewer to open and convert dxf drawings to eps or pdf files and then bring into x5, but since the text is made up of lines it just never really looks good engraved. I have been able in the past to simply import the dxf into x5 and change the fonts to arial or whatever but recently the files which are schematics that have a piping diagram on the top of the page and a legend at the bottom started just opening with the piping and no text in either the top or bottom of the page.I figured it was due to my customers cad drawings, maybe they had changed to a newer version cad.

So I am looking to see if this can be done so that the text is better readable, also when I convert to eps or pdf the line width is .720 and when engraved it becomes very "blurry" so I change that to .50 which is better but still a little blurry. I engrave these on trophy alunimum, black over silver, just fyi.

I'm not sure if I can put the drawing up on here, due to it being my customers property.

Thanks

Michael Kowalczyk
04-02-2012, 2:35 PM
Hey Greg,
use DWG instead of DXF. It may help a little. Also you can get a 2d version of solid edge for free.
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/solidedge/free2d/

greg lindsey
04-02-2012, 2:43 PM
Thanks Mike, I meant to say that I do convert to .dwg rather than .dxf, yes that has helped some, but i know there is a better way still. Will give the softwear you mentioned a try.