PDA

View Full Version : Tablesaw Upgrades

David Fried
03-26-2005, 6:19 PM
The weekend is off to a good start.

I gave up on the bent Delta guard/splitter that came with my unisaw and replaced it with two new zero clearance inserts. The red insert is for cross cutting and has a green MJ splitter installed. The yellow insert is for ripping and has a yellow MJ splitter installed. I'm hoping having the inserts color coded will remind me to switch blades!

On Friday I hopped in the car and drove up to Webster. MA. and picked up a Dubbie. Jerry and his crew were really busy getting ready for a show but took the time to set me up. Very nice folks although most of the time I was just trying to keep out of their way! (I did go home with an in-line industries pen) I assembled it that afternoon and it seems great!

Finally, I got the shutoff box for the tablesaw installed. It shares space on the pole with the shutoff box for the planer. I also got a chance to install a pencil sharpener! Can't understand why it took me so long to get one up. This one is an old, metal Chicago #2 with a wood handle I found at the dump. Works great! Of course, as soon as I get it up I start thinking that I might want to run the dust collector hose up that side of the pole. Oh well, I can always move it.

Corey Hallagan
03-26-2005, 6:26 PM
Darn good weekend for you! I like that dubby. Have fun!

Corey

scott spencer
03-26-2005, 8:06 PM
Wow! ...that Dubby comes with a major on/off switch! :D I just built a shop made version of a dubby a week or so ago....not many miles on it yet, and not sure I'm done but as soon as I figure out how to shrink the pics I'll try to post them.

I got a set of PALS from Jerry and Co. for Christmas. Seem like nice people.

Okay...I think I got this pic shrinking thing down....here's the pics of my homemade dubby...

Mike Cutler
03-26-2005, 9:33 PM
Looks like you're getting ready for a new project ;) now that spring looks like it might be here soon. New sled, new pencil sharpener, and some cool splitters...hmmm.