PDA

View Full Version : engraving cork

Jason Jenkins 2
04-01-2012, 9:15 PM
I like how nice cork engraves, however in 3 years i have never sold any cork engravings.
My latest work.228468

I wish cork would sell better.

Jason

Craig Matheny
04-01-2012, 9:21 PM
Very nice I have never tried cork

Dee Gallo
04-01-2012, 9:32 PM
Jason,

It depends on how you market it. Have you tried making boards for kid's rooms, offices or kitchens engraving part and leaving part for people to use as a bulletin board? Also, teens all have lockers, lots of photos, post-its, etc. - you can combine the cork element with magnetics and whiteboards. You can also put it under glass for coffee tables, restaurant tables, menu boards and so on. Just a 6x6 tile is not of much use to most people. I've used cork for placecard settings for formal dinners, greeting card elements, scrapbook decorations and coasters.

Find your niche and it will sell. But you must create a demand for something people don't even know they want.

cheers, dee

Steven Cox
04-02-2012, 2:09 AM
Dee has some great ideas there for marketing your cork pics.

It's funny that this topic came up because my wife & I were only just discussing reserecting some old artwork that we think would work great on round shaped cork to create the "Great Aussie Dart Board". The graphic is a bit explicit to post here but is very much a good laugh. Engraving it on cork should complete the picture and add to the theme.

Martin Boekers
04-02-2012, 10:01 AM
I have done quite a few coasters over the years, they work out well.