PDA

View Full Version : Fein Multimaster

Colin Gilkes
03-26-2005, 5:30 PM
In a word - BRILLIANT

John Miliunas
03-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Ditto! One of THE most usefull tools in my arsenal! Not something I use every day or for every project, but when there's a job for it, I've found no other tool to equal it! Oh, and the "job" can be any number of things, BTW!:) :cool:

David Bradshaw
03-27-2005, 4:37 PM
ditto; someone had their thinking cap on when they designed this one the blades are kind of expensive and don't last that long for the useage I put it through, however I took a couple of them to my local saw sharpening service and for $1.00 per blade he cut new teeth into them they are not as fine but cut just as fast and as accurately I have several blades that have been recut four times now and it looks like I might get one more out of them (there getting a little short) so if you get tired of paying the 30 - 50 dollars per blade that we pay here, try your local sharpening service.

David

John Miliunas
03-27-2005, 6:29 PM
ditto; someone had their thinking cap on when they designed this one the blades are kind of expensive and don't last that long for the useage I put it through, however I took a couple of them to my local saw sharpening service and for $1.00 per blade he cut new teeth into them they are not as fine but cut just as fast and as accurately I have several blades that have been recut four times now and it looks like I might get one more out of them (there getting a little short) so if you get tired of paying the 30 - 50 dollars per blade that we pay here, try your local sharpening service.

David

Great tip, David! So, is that for all the toothed blades or just particular ones? Also, FWIW, I believe I came across another supplier, which has some of the blades as replacements for a bit less. Don't remember for sure and haven't had the need to replace mine yet.:) :cool: